Job Title: Team Leaders S&E – Production
Reports to: Lead Engineer
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Team Leaders S&E – Production seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Leading through motivation and example of his / her assigned team to ensure a timely progression of work and the efficient allocation of tasks as delegated by the Lead Engineer and / or Manager.
- Assist the Lead Engineer to manage performance through the continuous appraisal of assigned AMT’s and supporting the Lead Engineer in preparing for annual reviews.
- Take an active role in the Development of Team members including the development of assigned Trainees.
- Support and advise the Lead Engineer of rostering requirements to ensure the aircraft milestones and targets can be achieved.
- Lead assigned AMT’s and ensure progress is made on the aircraft in line with the project network plan.
- Work with Lead Engineer and other Team Leaders to progress the layover in line with the project network plan and prioritise with other teams for his or her area.
- Take ownership of the Bill of Work and Log File and have an in-depth knowledge of the status of all items on both.
- Ensure all Materials are ordered accurately, on time and in the correct quantities.
- Perform Certification of their own work and the work performed by their assigned team members in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed and up to date as work is being progressed.
- Lead trouble shooting and solve technical problems on the aircraft.
- Work with the Lead Engineer to ensure a controlled and professional handover of their area to customer for Final inspection.
- Provide technical assistance to others, including other specialisations.
- Assist AMT’s with blocks that prevent them from completing assigned tasks
- Communicate to the Lead Engineer shortcomings with regard to the progress in their area and identify solutions to these shortcomings.
- Ensure all targets (man-hour, material, milestones etc) set for their workstation are achieved and / or beat in a timely manner.
- Ensure the standards laid out by the Digital Project & Performance Management (DPPM) system are fully adhered to and use this to drive continuous improvement at their workstation.
- Ensure a high standard of Quality, House Keeping, Health & Safety and Tool Care is maintained for their workstation in accordance with the MOE and report any shortfalls to Lead Engineer.
- Lead Cost Centre and Ancillary Projects as assigned by Lead Engineer.
- Deputise for the Lead Engineer and other Team Leaders when required.
- Hold or have the pre-requisites to hold P1 or B1 approval and have the ability to hold additional competencies / approvals for the aircraft types assigned to their line.
- Display an ability to lead a team to successfully complete tasks on an ongoing basis.
- Have a high level of skill and knowledge in the area of aircraft maintenance.
- Be customer focused.
- Have a sound knowledge of the key business issues related to aircraft maintenance.
- Be able to lead and motivate people, with good interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience at Team Leader /Lead Engineer level would be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of Lean processes including company ‘PPM’ process also required.
- Be able to identify and develop individuals and the team.
- Have effective planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Hold good computer skills including SAP applications.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 29 / 09 / 23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.