Job Title: Licenced B1 Engineer
Reports to: Project Leader/Crew Leader or designee
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Licenced B1 Engineer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Licenced engineers have responsibility for ensuring that maintenance actions are performed, certified and recorded accurately. Any individual performing/certifying maintenance on an aircraft has responsibilities which include but are not limited to;
- Using applicable current maintenance data, work order instructions and information systems.
- Documenting the performance of all maintenance actions, compiling and controlling completed work cards.
- Following the procedures detailed in the MOE and supporting manuals.
- Identifying and rectifying existing and potential unsafe conditions.
- Adhere to safety and deactivation/reactivation requirements.
- Following the procedures detailed in a customers’ approved documentation.
- Using calibrated tooling and equipment recommended by the manufacturer.
- Maintaining the work environment in a clean and safe manner.
- Complying with the Atlantic Aviation Group internal and mandatory reporting requirements.
- Applying good communication and assertiveness skills.
- Complying with the work interruption and handover procedures.
- Complying with the Atlantic Aviation Group safety policy requirements.
- Sign off maintenance tasks performed or supervised within the scope of their staff authorisation.
- Sign certificates of release to service within the scope of their certifying staff authorisation issued.
- Performance of the functions and responsibilities associated with support staff role within the scope of the authorisation issued.
- Maintain experience records in support of continued competence
Essential Job Function
In conjunction with the general responsibilities as outlined above the licenced engineer individual’s responsibilities include;
The base maintenance support staff role shall ensure that all relevant tasks or inspections have been carried out to the required standard before the category C certifying staff issues the certificate of release to service.
- Confirm that each item/task of work has been documented and actioned.
- Prior to closing any area or panel of the aircraft, an inspection is carried out for
- the absence of dirt, extraneous matter, tools etc.
- Plan performance of critical tasks.
- Determine required qualifications for task performance.
- Consider human performance and limitations during performance of maintenance.
- Ensuring that all discrepancies detected as a result of scheduled inspection task, duplicate/RII inspections, critical task inspection and non-routine maintenance rectification are documented and rectified in accordance with Atlantic Aviation Group procedures.
- Supervising the maintenance activities being performed within their zone of inspection responsibility to ensure that tasks are performed and completed to the standards laid down in the Atlantic Aviation Group MOE.
- Responsible for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of aircraft, components and equipment (when required).
- Completes any other reasonable tasks or duties as requested by the Production Management team
Typical Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must be able to use ladders, work stands, lifts, etc. and be able to work on all areas of the aircraft that may require access during performance of duties.
- Must be comfortable working at heights and confined spaces.
- Physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files and electronic equipment.
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- May be requested to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime, as necessary.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
- Licenced engineers should hold or have held an EASA PART 66 B1 Aircraft Maintenance License and company base maintenance approvals on the specific aircraft with at least 6 months suitable experience.
- One or more of the following type ratings; 737 (CL or NG), 757 and/ or 767.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic, reliable, self-motivated with a positive attitude, and very customer service oriented
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays and overtime, as necessary.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.