Job Title: Lead Engineers S&E – Production (H1)
Reports to: Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Lead Engineers S&E seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Management of performance by continuous appraisal and annual reviews (including the full implementation of the company’s disciplinary procedure whenever necessary).
- Take an active role in the Recruitment, Selection and Development of Team members including the development of assigned trainees.
- Assign AMTs into teams led by a Team leader in his or her assigned area.
- Roster all assigned staff in line with Project requirements and the SAL Rostering agreement.
- Ensure that assigned team members are regularly kept informed of all relevant information (i.e., weekly managers meeting debriefs, aircraft status, special information notices etc).
- Work with Aircraft Management Team to progress the layover in line with the project network plan and prioritise with other departments for his or her area.
- Communicate to the Manager shortcomings regarding the progress on the aircraft and in conjunction with the other Lead Engineers, identify solutions to these shortcomings.
- Assist Team Leaders with blocks that prevent them from completing assigned tasks.
- Work closely with the Manager at the end of the layover to ensure a co-ordinated and professional finish to the Project.
- Perform Certification and CRS where required. Lead attestation and ensure an appropriate level of attestation is used in their area.
- Ensure All Cost Centre and Project targets set for them are met in a timely manner.
- Continuously review and identify systems and procedures that impede performance and lead process improvements in these areas.
- Ensure Quality, House keeping, Health & safety and Tool care for their assigned Team and Area is maintained IAW IQ Move (This includes the timely closure of CalqRisk, H&S findings, customer feedback, audits etc).
- Lead Cost Centre and ancillary projects as assigned by the Manager.
- Deputise for the Manager and other Lead Engineers when required.
- Must hold full B1 including associated Engine Type and have the ability to hold other aircraft types assigned to the Bay.
- Have a high level of skill and knowledge in the area of aircraft maintenance.
- Be customer focused.
- Have a sound knowledge of the key business issues related to aircraft maintenance.
- Be able to lead and motivate people, with good interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience at Team Leader /Lead Engineer level would be an advantage.
- In depth knowledge of Lean processes including company ‘PPM’ process also required.
- Be able to identify and develop individuals and the team.
- Have effective planning, organisational and communication skills.
- Hold good computer skills including SAP applications.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 29 / 09 / 23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.