Job Title: Composite Shop Technician
Reports to: Structures and Support Shops Lead
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Composite Shop Technician seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
The Composite Technician required to join the Composite shop in AAG. In this role you will be required to join the existing team in a busy composite shop which serves the production floor. You will be performing repairs and modifications to aircraft structures and components both in the shop environment and on the production floor.
Essential Job Function
- Accountable for the Safe, Cost Effective & On-Time delivery of all Structural, Composite and Paint repairs.
- Ensures relevant repair documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Working collaboratively with the composites team.
- Integration of our values and pillars as a constant way of operating including compliance with the organisational policies and procedures detailed in the Atlantic Aviation Group MOE and Supporting manuals.
- An ambitious, agile and honest individual, committed to team work, and excellence.
- Attendance at the 5S and cleanliness roster for the shop and be active in continuous auditing and monitoring of cleanliness standards both in the shop and on project lines.
- Composite experience is essential with good knowledge of composite repair techniques (Wet Layup, honeycomb core replacements, metal to metal bonding and Pre-Peg, Carbon and Fiberglass bonding repairs and more).
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Open to obtain and maintain licenses, or certifications as required
- Ability to work overtime as required
- A work permit for Ireland is not required. AAG are open to discussing sponsorship of work permit applications.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 01/ 12 / 23
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Our Core Values
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.