Job Title: Training Instructor
Reports to: HR and Training Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Training Instructor seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Be responsible for the development and provision of training courses to support the training requirements of the company including mandatory training, induction training, recurrent training, ad hock training etc
- Be responsible for the development of trainees/apprentices
- Develop and present new training courses as required to satisfy the companies requirements
- Attend training courses as required to maintain currency and self-development
- Will attend external training courses as necessary to gain knowledge necessary to develop new in-house training courses.
- Generate, monitor and control course questions and examinations and at all times ensuring the integrity of such questions and examinations.
- From time to time this position will require training to be conducted at external locations, therefore limited travel is a requirement for this position.
- When preparing/delivering course material, will insure that all relevant technical information contained in Airworthiness Directives, Aircraft Modifications, Service bulletins, Technical Notices etc, is included and current.
- Will be required to carry out Practical assessments/OJT and examinations.
- With the assistance of the training administrator ensure accurate recording of courses and training files.
- Ensure all training programmes are delivered on time and to the desired level.
- The Training Department is subject to continual change so a flexible attitude towards work and continuous improvement is essential.
- Advise the training manager of any deficiencies observed in course material or course content.
- Bring to the attention of the training manager concerns relating to the behaviour, attitude or skills concerning those attending/ undergoing training, that cannot be dealt with at a local level
- Work as directed by your manager to assist in the smooth running of the Training Department.
- Have attended or will attend a train the trainer course to FETAC Level 6
- Mentor and support
- You have a minimum of 4 years experience
- Hold a recognised apprenticeship or traineeship in the trade of aircraft maintenance
- Have relevant experience in the area of aircraft maintenance
- Experienced in the training /coaching of maintenance personnel
- Hold a recognised train the trainer course or have an instructor qualification is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including MS Word and PowerPoint
- Have ability to prepare and present training material
- The ability to develop and deliver engaging training for a variety of audiences
- The ability to motivate and inspire a group through learning
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule when/if required.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication and social skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- You are detail oriented
- maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Open to obtain and maintain licenses, or certifications as required
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however travel is a requirement of the role
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.