Job Title: Aviation Training Instructor
Reports to: HR and Training Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co. Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Aviation Training Instructor seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The role of the Training Instructor is to develop and provide the training necessary to support the EASA Part 145 training requirements of AAG. Ensuring that the practical and theoretical technical training requirements of the company are supported in a structured manner.
This includes Training Identification and Proposal, Employee Development, and subsequent scheduling and delivery. The successful candidate will be innovative and committed, with a strong ability to work well from his/her own initiative while being an integral part of our team.
Essential Job Function
- Provision of training courses to support the training requirements of the company including mandatory training, induction training, recurrent training, ad hoc training etc.
- Mentor/coach trainees and apprentices in classroom, workshop and on the job.
- Carry out practical assessments, OJT and examinations as required.
- Deliver training on schedule and to the required standard.
- Set clear goals and objectives for each training activity.
- Comply with the requirements of MOE/PART 145 when delivering training course content.
- Responsible for the development/updating and currency of training course material.
- Work in conjunction with the HR and Training manager to develop an annual training plan.
- Flexible attitude towards work and continuous improvement is essential.
- Attend external training courses as necessary to attain the knowledge to develop new in-house training courses to maintain currency and self -development.
- Preparation of technical training packages for delivery via e-learning.
- Evaluate effectiveness of training activities.
- Generate, monitor and control course questions and examinations ensuring integrity is maintained.
- Bring to the attention of the training manager concerns relating to the behaviour, attitude or skills of those attending/undergoing training that cannot be dealt with at a local level.
- With the assistance of the Training Administrator ensure all courses and course attendees are recorded accurately.
- Non- EU/EAA nationals require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
- Have good communication skills, both verbally and written, and interpersonal skills.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Be able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills. Ability to create strong team environment.
- Possess proficient organisational skills and an ability to work in an efficient manner.
- Hold a recognised apprenticeship or traineeship in the trade of aircraft maintenance.
- Experience in aviation technical training is advantageous.
- Have relevant experience in aircraft maintenance.
- Experienced in the training/coaching of aviation maintenance personnel is advantageous.
- Hold a recognised train the trainer course or have an instructor qualification is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- The ability to develop and deliver engaging training for a variety of audiences
- The ability to motivate and inspire a group through learning
Typical Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Overtime, as necessary.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
- Position will require training to be conducted at external locations, therefore limited travel is a requirement for this position.