Job Title: Technical Services Manager
Reports to: Head of Maintenance
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Brize Norton, England
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Technical Services Manager seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
To provide effective leadership for the development and supervision of all activities within Technical Services.
Essential Job Function
- Develop a strategy plan to improve the delivery of the Tech Servies Function to support Line and Base Maintenance activities.
- Effective management of all functions such as TQN’s, TARDA and ISER’s and working in line with Company requirements.
- Ensure governance and compliance with Tech Services management is improved.
- Develop process between AMUK Tech Services and AAGDS Production to provide effective communication.
- Ensure clear communication between key departments is carried out – production, planning and stores.
- Manage all aspects of the Tech Services employees including performance, attendance, and engagement
Projects & CI:
- Drive continuous improvement and set standards to improve performance.
- Oversee and provide direction to all Tech Services projects within the
- Develop and track key KPIs within the Tech Services function, to identify and highlight deviations in the standards.
- Oversee the maintenance of reporting systems and dashboards to track and visualise performance and run weekly and monthly performance reviews with the team to drive improvements.
- Act as a customer liaison regarding issues and escalations
- Create bespoke customer support models to improve the communication, performance adherence and customer experience.
- Ensure quarterly and monthly reviews are carried out and actions are followed up to ensure continuous improvement within the operations.
Health and Safety
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work. Including Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
- Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Policy. Including Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual
- Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security Policy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
- Good awareness of Aviation safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Previous extensive experience of management role within an maintenance environment dealing with a raft of internal and external contacts.
- Previous extensive experience of aircraft MRO activities within an EASA/CAA environment.
- Previous experience of managing a diverse team in a high pressure and intense environment.
- Previous experience of managing and developing tools to improve the cost effective support to the overall operation.
- Experience in delivery of projects to agreed time and cost constraints
- Professional qualification commensurate with the role.
- Strong leadership and management skills in highly commercial environment
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
- Collaborative approach to working and team motivator
- Ability to prioritise time critical work
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 6th June 2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.