Job Title: Technical Services Engineer
Reports to: Operations Performance Manager
Location: Brize AAG Defence Services, Brize Norton, UK.
Job Purpose: Responsible for assisting with the coordination of aircraft maintenance, customer co-ordination, whilst also maintaining a high level of technical support to the shop floor and our customers with regards to aircraft technical queries. This is to ensure that the performance of maintenance on the A400M fleet is carried out in a safe and efficient environment providing a service to our customers that meets and exceeds the deliverables for the project.
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Provide technical support and interfacing with Airbus Military UK, third party suppliers and subcontractors providing robust communication links for technical issues.
• overview of technical requirements at the pre input and production control processes ensuring
that the processes and procedures are efficient and robust.
• Monitor and report on activities as requested by management
• Provide positive, collaborative, and effective relationships with all internal departments and
support the development of good customer and service provider relationships to ensure the
cooperation and open communication with all stakeholders.
• Work efficiently and diligently to ensure that best practice, ideas and techniques are implemented
to take special account of the complexity of the project, developing robust communications
processes, and outputs are continually being improved.
• Ensure compliance with general and technical company procedures.
• Be open and support internal and external audits, providing solutions to issues and findings as they
• Raising and management of Technical Queries – including Tech assist function within AMOS and
TQN register updates and ensuring follow up actions are completed
• Technical review and quality check of Damage reporting data
• Raising and managing ISER’s, including all associated defect reports and TQN Process
• Request and review content of technical data.
• End to end review of all repairs.
• Review Tech log including ADF’s, SRPs and open entries
• Dent and Buckle review and ownership
• Drive Continuous improvement initiatives within the department
• Creation of part numbers into AMOS Database
Health and Safety
• Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
• Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work. Including
Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
• Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Policy. Including
Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual
• Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security Policy.
Essential skills and qualifications
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
• Good awareness of Aviation safety.
• Good communication skills.
• Must have served a recognised technical apprenticeship or training
• Aircraft maintenance experience.
• At least 3 years working in a technical department where a level of technical support was being
• Have a level to technical ability (military or civil) that can demonstrate an understanding of the
maintenance production process.
• It would be a distinct advantage to have had exposure and experience on AMOS or other
integrated aircraft maintenance systems.
• Must have a UK drivers licence, be capable of holding and maintaining Airbus Military UK SC and
Disclosure Scotland CRC certification.
• Experience of maintenance data
• Knowledge of aircraft legislation and or regulations
• Knowledge of technical documentation and drawings
• It would be a distinct advantage to have had experience with Stores and logistics processes