Job Title: Technical Services Engineer
Reports to: Technical Services Manager
Location: Brize Norton, Oxfordshire, UK
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Technical Services Engineer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Provide technical support and interfacing with Airbus Military UK, third party suppliers and sub-contractors providing robust communication links for technical issues.
- overview of technical requirements at the pre input and production control processes ensuring that the processes and procedures are efficient and robust.
- Monitor and report on activities as requested by management.
- Provide positive, collaborative, and effective relationships with all internal departments and support the development of good customer and service provider relationships to ensure the cooperation and open communication with all stakeholders.
- Work efficiently and diligently to ensure that best practice, ideas, and techniques are implemented to take special account of the complexity of the project, developing robust communications processes, and outputs are continually being improved.
- Ensure compliance with general and technical company procedures.
- Be open and support internal and external audits, providing solutions to issues and findings as they occur.
- Raising and management of Technical Queries – including Tech assist function within AMOS and TQN register updates and ensuring follow up actions are completed.
- Technical review and quality check of Damage reporting data
- Request and review content of technical data.
- Management of third-party suppliers for repair processes.
- Drive Continuous improvement initiatives within the department.
- Creation of part numbers into AMOS Database
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
- Good awareness of Aviation safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Must have served a recognised technical apprenticeship or training
- Aircraft maintenance experience.
- At least 3 years working in a technical department where a level of technical support was being performed.
- Have a level to technical ability (military or civil) that can demonstrate an understanding of the maintenance production process.
- It would be a distinct advantage to have had exposure and experience on AMOS or other integrated aircraft maintenance systems.
- Must have a UK drivers’ licence, be capable of holding and maintaining Airbus Military UK SC and Disclosure Scotland CRC certification.
- Experience of maintenance data
- Knowledge of aircraft legislation and or regulations
- Knowledge of technical documentation and drawings
- It would be a distinct advantage to have had experience with Stores and logistics processes.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/ 06/ 23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.