Job Title: Technical Services Director
Reports to: Chief Aviation Services Officer
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
Due to the recent and future expansion of our business, an exceptional opportunity has arisen within the Atlantic Aviation Group of companies for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join our Aviation Services Team as Technical Services Director (TSD). The TSD will lead the AAG Continuing Airworthiness Management and Technical Services Team (AAG CAMO). The TSD will also hold the nominated Continuous Airworthiness Management Post Holder position.
The Technical Services Director (TSD) will report to the Chief Aviation Services Officer (CASO) and will have accountability for delivery of the Atlantic Aviation Group’s CAMO and Technical Services
The Technical Services Director will be accountable for working with the CAMO team to lead & execute future growth strategy in line with the AAG group’s growth strategy. In this role, you will actively identify key areas for innovative transformation. Overseeing a growing team of 15 staff, and working as a player coach, the Technical Services Director will be responsible for leading day to day continuing airworthiness management activities.
Essential Job Function
As Atlantic Aviation Group’s Technical Services Director, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following:
- AAG CAMO Continuing Airworthiness Manager nominated post holder, responsible for the day-to-day continuing airworthiness management activities, for ensuring that the organisation personnel work in accordance with the applicable procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the organisation’s processes and standards accurately reflect the applicable regulations, ensuring that compliance is proactively managed, and that any early warning signs of non-compliance are documented and acted upon.
- Ensure the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Airworthiness Review Approval is carried out in strict adherence to appropriate regulations.
- Lead, develop and implement CAMO growth strategies using appropriate aviation industry trends & data and modern \ innovative tools & techniques in accordance with AAG growth plans.
- Operate as a player coach and execute solutions to support the AAG CAMO businesses.
- Promote cross selling opportunities within the AAG Aviation Services Team and wider AAG group
- At least 10 years’ experience in a CAMO environment and 5 years previous experience as Continuous Airworthiness Manager post holder.
- Proficient knowledge of CAMO systems and software.
- Knowledge of compliance monitoring and safety management systems
- Knowledge of aviation legislation and applicable regulations.
- Demonstrable experience in building sustainable growth in business.
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to business with a passion for continuous development and upskilling to keep abreast of best practices and next practice.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the key commercial levers in a people oriented technical services business.
- Experience of working internationally with multi-jurisdictions.
- Ideally, experience gained in a progressive, commercially focused organisation with a strong culture of performance, innovation, and delivery.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our employee orientated culture.
- An ambitious, agile, and honest individual, committed to teamwork, and excellence.
A work permit for Ireland is not required. AAG are open to discussing sponsorship of work permit applications.
- Demonstrate team leadership ability and exceptional communication skills coupled with the capacity to innovate, intuitively engage, and influence at all levels.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, coaching, influencing and consultative skills and be able to build relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Requires proven business/commercial acumen with good strategic vision.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
- Agile – We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
- Ambitious – We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence – We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric – We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
- Fun – We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused – We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other.
- Trust – We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 05/12/2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.