Job Title: Stores Supervisor (6-month FTC)
Reports to: Materials Team Leader
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Stores Supervisor seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Reporting to the Materials Team Leader, the Stores Supervisor will be a key member of Atlantic Aviation Group. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Stores Department, ensuring objectives are met or exceeded in all areas from Receipt through to Dispatch. The successful candidate will be a role model, a leader and problem solver who leads the team to achieve departmental goals and objectives.
Essential Job Function
- Lead and oversee the activities of the Stores team.
- Control, supervise and support all warehouse related functions and processes.
- Manage and distribute workload to Stores personnel and prioritise accordingly.
- Assist with and perform Stores duties as required.
- Deal with all employee related matters, including the management of performance by continuous appraisal and annual reviews.
- Provide leadership to ensure the Team achieves optimum performance, through ongoing support and coaching.
- Participate in Recruitment and Selection activities as required.
- Update and maintain T&A records for Stores personnel on the ERP system.
- Ensure high standards of Quality, Housekeeping, Health & safety IAW SPM/MOE (This includes the timely closure of Quality, H&S findings, customer feedback, audits etc).
- Responsible for staff scheduling in line with roster agreement.
- Attend all required meetings and ensure necessary data is prepared.
- Positive and proactive interaction with all departments and customer representatives.
- Ensure all material requisitions are delivered to POU whilst meeting agreed TAT.
- Responsible for inventory management and accuracy including cycle counting, Annual Stock take, shelf-life control, and location maintenance.
- Have overall responsibility for Stores KPI’s.
- Develop and implement an action plan to address any issues impacting departmental performance.
- Responsible for all aspects of Aviation Security Management (Known Consignor) included in the Deputy Aviation Security Managers Role.
- Support Customs related activities
- Responsible for the content & maintenance of Company Policies/Procedures relevant to the Stores Department.
- Coordinate all material sales activities.
- Responsible for offsite storage, maximising space utilisation.
- Responsible for the management of the Tool Crib including Tools, Manpower, and Services.
- Responsible for daily/weekly audits & checks, i.e., 5S, Temperature & Humidity recordings
- Collaborate, develop, implement, and maintain process improvements through the Lean process
- Assist in the training of new employees and the ongoing development of the team
- Deputize for the Materials Team Leader as required.
- Responsible for providing the Stores team with direction, prioritization & overall management.
- Ensuring the Stores team have the right development, support & focus to set them up for success
- Any other duties and responsibilities identified by the Materials Team Leader as it relates to Stores, Customs & Compliance and Warehousing.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Logistics / Warehouse
- Have knowledge of all areas within Stores
- Able to work well under pressure to deadlines and targets
- Able to develop a common strategy and generate new ideas / identify potential for improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- High level of resilience and ability to manage complexity
- Strong service and customer orientation
- Strong IT Skills with experience using an ERP System
- Strong commercial awareness with people leadership skills.
- Demonstrates and is passionate about delivering customer solutions. Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind and builds strong customer relationships.
- Experience of working in a Lean / 5S environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good sense of responsibility and initiative, experiences in project management welcomed
- An energetic, dedicated approach combined with excellent organisation skills and a commitment to deadlines, targets, and high work standards.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- A flexible working schedule will be required to support this role.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Be available to travel as required
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/02/2023
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.