Job Title: Senior Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Senior Engineer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
The Senior Engineer will be responsible for performance of duties as defined below. The Senior Engineer will provide leadership within the Engineering Department, including team motivation, performance and technical coaching, reviewing work, and approval of Engineering Orders. The Senior Engineer will report to Engineering Manager, via Head of 145 Engineering.
Essential Job Function
- Follow the procedures of the company, as outlined in Part 3 of the Engineering Procedures Manual (EPM).
- Ensure the correct procedures are followed where the Engineering Department provide engineering services for an operator in accordance with their General Maintenance Manual (GMM) or Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE).
- Provide leadership within the Engineering Department, including team motivation, performance and technical coaching, reviewing work and providing feedback to Engineering staff to enhance their technical capability and performance.
- Assist with development of improved procedures, including improved KPI measurement and monitoring, within Engineering Dept. to improve overall performance levels.
- Assist with control of KPI’s set by for Engineering Dept. within given target levels.
- Assist in closing of QA audit findings in timely and professional manner and assist in preventing reoccurrence of past findings.
- Assisting production in the interpretation of engineering drawings, SB’s, SRM’s, etc.
- Interpretation of Engineering replies and transcribing the instructions into an unambiguous staged work process.
- Ensure the accuracy of information and instructions transcribed in Engineering paperwork.
- Approve Engineering Orders and ensure that they are compiled in accordance with the MOE.
- Perform Project Management with respect to implementation of major repairs, modifications or refurbishment projects, and internal change projects.
- Perform Weight & Balance calculations for aircraft that have been modified or weighed.
- Act as a focal point for communication between production and customer or manufacturer. This may involve liaising with the customer or manufacturer over technical issues such as suggesting repair schemes that would fall outside the scope of the repair manual, electrical wiring problems etc.
- Issue memos, maintenance bulletins, technical circulars, as required to Engineering and Production technical staff.
- Deputise for Head of 145 Engineering or Engineering Manager as required in their absence.
- Master’s Degree in a related field or Bachelors Degree in Engineering, preferably Aviation, or equivalent engineering qualification such as EASA Part 66 Basic Licence.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in Engineering position, preferably Aviation.
- Advanced knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA).
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships.
- Set-up, management, monitoring, and controlling large projects of high complexity.
- Demonstrated Leadership.
- Coaching and mentoring ability.
- Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned projects (technical, budget, schedule).
- Interacts with senior management and key officials of other organizations as required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products required such as Excel and Word.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
- Required to work weekends, holidays and overtime, as necessary
- Physical exertion such as: pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files and electronic equipment
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/02/2023
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.