Job Title: Security & Safety Coordinator (AAG, Hanger 1)
Reports to: Quality Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Safety and Security Coordinator seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Champion Security and Safety management on site to promote a safe compliant culture in Hanger 1.
- To assure that we meet our duty of care to all staff and visitors in our facility.
- To enable the achievement of our Security and Safety objectives.
- To offer interpretation and maintenance of our MISP (MRO Infrastructure Security Programme).
Essential Job Function
- Be responsible for Security compliance standards throughout organisation.
- Coordinate internal audit program and perform assessments in accordance with organisation security policies \ procedures.
- Monitor Security performance and provide updates and recommendations to the Quality Manager.
- Implement / oversee elements of the H1 Infrastructure Security Programme, such as:
- Access control \ Training – ID badge coordination, SAA AIC badge renewals.
- Coordinate Visitor management system.
- Vehicle permit management + Temporary access – H1 site or airfield / Line Maintenance.
- Prepare Background security checks for new staff.
- Facilitate Known Consignor annual audit requirements.
- Ensure Security service provider complies with Security assignment manual.
- On site Locker Management.
- Generate \ Maintain Periodical HS + Security performance stats: Identify trends for review and action.
- Communicate Security \ HS awareness programs, publications on regular basis
- Perform regular spot check assessments in accordance with organisation HS, Safety policies \ procedures.
- Support HS + Security Risk Assessment Program generation and appropriate follow-up actions.
- Identify + Develop Induction \Training programs and deliver to Employees, Contractors and Customers to ensure the required degree of competence with regard to Safety + Security Awareness.
- Generate Management reports both for internal and external agencies as appropriate
- Ensure continuous development and implementation of the Emergency Response Plan \ Team.
- Maintain Liaisons with:
- Internal Departments, Operations.
- External agencies – Attend quarterly Security meetings at Shannon Airport Authority (SAA)
- Support the Quality Manager + EHS with the development of Security Awareness campaigns.
- Undertake projects and assignments as allocated by the Quality Manager.
- A 3rd level qualification in related field is desirable
- Must have experience in
- Security Management Systems
- Aviation Security Programs
- Airport Security Operations
- National Civil Aviation Security and
- Shannon Airport Authority Security standards
- Familiarisation with PIAB & legal processes.
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Understand and be able to interpret Security legislation and compliance standard requirements
- Be able to demonstrate a successful record as a Security specialist, with a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience in a dynamic industrial environment.
- Be interested and willing to learn about all aspects of Security, Health + Safety
- Should possess excellent communication skills, should be able to challenge and positively influence in a busy operational environment.
- Must have the ability to interact readily across different departments and to engage Senior Management to achieve improved HS, Security performance.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
- Agile – We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
- Ambitious – We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence – We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric – We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
- Fun – We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused – We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other.
- Trust – We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 20/05/2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.