Job Title: Sales Estimator
Reports to: Head of Sales
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co. Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Sales Estimator seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The Sales Estimator is responsible for:
- Man-hour and materials estimations for customer work scopes.
- Prepare proposals for review.
- Compare contracted work scope against actual work scope received.
- Prioritise on deadlines for estimates unless advised otherwise.no 8 clinic
- Maintenance and upkeep of the MPD data.
- Assist in the update of the rolling forecast.
- Assist as required in the day to day operation of the Sales department.
- Weekly update of the status of proposals.
- Continuous update of the Request For Quotation register.
- Other duties as directed from time to time by the Head of Sales.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Liaise with production to ensure estimates are as accurate as possible.
- Analysis of man-hour and material data as requested.
Essential Job Function
- Developing Quotations in response to customer Request For Quotations (RFQ).
- Preparation of proposal documents which accurately includes all the required information for the customer and AAG.
- Ensure that customer RFQ deadlines are met.
- Ensure that all communication with customers is accurate and professional.
- Be aware of colleagues work load and assist others when they require help to meet their deadlines.
- Liaise with other departments and be knowledgeable in respect to any trends such as materials, labour, NDT, Engineering etc which may have an impact on future proposals.
- Participate in Departmental meetings and continually look for smarter ways of working within the department.
- Advanced knowledge of technical data to include MPD, AMM, SRM, SB’s, AD’s SL’s CN’s etc.
- PC literate.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel is necessary.
- Methodical with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Candidate must have good working knowledge of maintenance procedures and techniques with ability to forecast and estimate task times.
- Have a working knowledge of Wings ERP system and its daily and future uses at Atlantic Aviation Group.
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain and question all aspects of the maintenance and planning processes normally encountered at Atlantic Aviation Group.
- A General Familiaristaion course on at least one of the following – B737 Classic, NG, B757, B767 would be highly advantageous.
Typical Working Conditions
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory while in the production environment.
- Required to work overtime, as necessary.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
Company Attitudes & Behaviours