Job Title: Safety & Quality Engineer
Reports to: Quality Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Brize Norton, England
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Safety & Quality Engineer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
To be responsible to the Safety & Quality Manager for performing Safety Investigations and Quality Assurance audits and monitoring functions of the Quality and Safety Management Systems within a Part 145 MRO environment.
Essential Job Function
- Performing Safety Investigations, Internal and External Audits of departments and suppliers/subcontractors of AAGDS Ltd.
- Facilitating external third-party customer and regulatory authority/third party audits when required.
- Reporting to AAGDS Management and customer if required, on the results of Safety Investigations, Quality Audits.
- Supporting BZZ management on problem solving activities and Corrective/Preventive Action Plans definition.
- Performing verifications as result of audit findings and actions raised from safety investigations.
- Providing effective recommendations to Investigations as an output from the SMS system across the MRO Business.
- Following up/reporting closure performance of actions raised from audits and safety investigations through the corresponding meetings and escalate if necessary to the Safety & Quality Manager.
- Keeping update the corresponding safety and quality audit databases.
- Providing objective evidence of the independent oversight of the regulatory approvals held.
- Persuading and influence on Safety and Quality matters through the performance of CAPA Board and SAG periodic meetings.
- Persuading and influence on Safety and Quality matters through the issue of Safety and Quality Bulletins.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant Regulatory body (as MAA, CAA, FAA, ISO, etc.)
- Issuing AAGDS authorisations and managing the authorisations database.
- Delivering regulatory, organisational procedures and QMS/SMS internal training, briefings when required.
- Liaison with approval authorities, external customers, suppliers, sub-contractors and all internal company departments, for issues relating to Safety or Quality.
- Managing annual reviews of AAGDS approved documents and administrating the intranet.
- Working with department managers on improving internal processes and procedures.
- Supporting the Safety & Quality Manager in the update of AAGDS manuals.
- Reporting KPIs for performance evaluation and trend analysis as required.
- Actively promote a positive safety and quality culture across the MRO Business.
- Attending to customer’s/third party meetings as required.
- Participating in Management of Change projects as assigned.
- Participating in Continuous Improvement projects and demonstrating a proactive approach to encouraging continuous improvement within the organisation.
- Supporting HSE activities by performing/updating Risk Assessments, Work Instructions and Organisational Procedures.
- Supporting any other requirements from the Safety & Quality Manager as required.
- Health and Safety:
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work. Including Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
- Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Policy. Including Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual
- Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security Policy.
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
- Good awareness of Aviation safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Engineering Background, with experience in aviation maintenance, quality assurance, safety assurance or health & safety management systems.
- Demonstrable experience of Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work unusual hours when required.
- Previous proven experience and qualifications as an Investigator / Auditor
- B1 or B2 engineers’ maintenance licence
- Engineering degree/HND level Engineering qualification
- Good understanding of MAA Mil Part 145, ISO 9001, AS9100 Series, EASA and HSE requirements
- Previous experience applying Problem Solving methodology
- Previous experience managing projects
- Ability to persuade and influence on safety and quality matters
- Previous experience of working in a highly confidential working environment
- Proactive approach to encouraging continuous improvement within an organisation
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the RAF Hangar in Brize Norton.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/09/2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required