Job title: Safety Management System Specialist
Reports to: Safety & Quality Manager
Location: Brize Norton, UK
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With nearly 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Defence Services, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Equipment Tooling Mechanic seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
To support the Safety & Quality Manager by performing and leading Safety Investigations and monitoring functions of the Safety Management Systems (SMS) within a Part 145 MRO environment, including the communication of safety risks, issues, and opportunities of improvement.
• Maintain SMS performance measures, support on the design and collection of safety data for
trending purposes as part of AAGDS Operating System and S&Q Dashboard.
• Report to the S&Q Manager performance and need for improvement
• Coordinate and update the Occurrence Reporting database. Assign Investigations to authorised
• Lead and perform Safety Investigations
• Report to AAGDS Management and Customer, on the results of Safety Investigations
• Coordinate with the relevant external safety stakeholders, including the customer, suppliers and
authorities/external agencies, in support to safe operations
• Maintaining any SMS supporting documentation and manage SMS records
• Lead projects to implement changes, improvements, and best practices within the SMS
• Support Safety Risk Assessments activities, including “Management of Change”, and risk mitigation
strategies through the Plan/Do/Check/Act process.
• Provide input to internal and external Safety Committees
• Chair periodic Occurrence Report/findings meetings
• Persuade and influence on Safety matters through the participation on Safety meetings.
• Support in Safety Promotion activities such as the oversight, development and delivery of training
material and safety communications
• Manage the Hazards and Mitigation reports
• Ensure that the corrective and preventive actions for the SMS, such as Mitigation and Hazard
reports, are adequately defined and effectively implemented
• Support in the development of emergency response plans that align with organisational,
regulatory and organisational requirements
Health and Safety
• Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
• Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work.
• Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Policy.
• Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security Policy.
Essential skills and qualifications
• Relevant experience in aviation Safety Management Systems in complex project environment
• B1 or B2 engineers’ maintenance licence, Engineering degree/HND level or equivalent experience
• Previous proven experience and/or qualifications as a Safety Investigator
• Previous experience managing projects
• Ability to persuade and influence on safety matters
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
• Good communication skills.
• Demonstrable experience of Microsoft software packages.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Able to work unusual hours when required
• Good understanding of MAA Mil Part 145, ISO 9001, AS9100 Series, EASA and HSE requirements
• MEDA trained
• Previous experience applying Problem Solving methodology
• Previous experience of working in a highly confidential working environment
• Proactive approach to encouraging continuous improvement within an organisation
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated