Job title: Safety Management System Specialist
Reports to: Safety & Quality Manager
Location: Brize Norton, UK
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
To support the Safety & Quality Manager by performing and leading Safety Investigations and monitoring functions of the Safety Management Systems (SMS) within a Part 145 MRO environment, including the communication of safety risks, issues, and opportunities of improvement.
• Maintain SMS performance measures, support on the design and collection of safety data for
trending purposes as part of AAGDS Operating System and S&Q Dashboard.
• Report to the S&Q Manager performance and need for improvement
• Coordinate and update the Occurrence Reporting database. Assign Investigations to authorised
• Lead and perform Safety Investigations
• Report to AAGDS Management and Customer, on the results of Safety Investigations
• Coordinate with the relevant external safety stakeholders, including the customer, suppliers and
authorities/external agencies, in support to safe operations
• Maintaining any SMS supporting documentation and manage SMS records
• Lead projects to implement changes, improvements, and best practices within the SMS
• Support Safety Risk Assessments activities, including “Management of Change”, and risk mitigation
strategies through the Plan/Do/Check/Act process.
• Provide input to internal and external Safety Committees
• Chair periodic Occurrence Report/findings meetings
• Persuade and influence on Safety matters through the participation on Safety meetings.
• Support in Safety Promotion activities such as the oversight, development and delivery of training
material and safety communications
• Manage the Hazards and Mitigation reports
• Ensure that the corrective and preventive actions for the SMS, such as Mitigation and Hazard
reports, are adequately defined and effectively implemented
• Support in the development of emergency response plans that align with organisational,
regulatory and organisational requirements
Health and Safety
• Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
• Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work.
• Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Policy.
• Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security Policy.
Essential skills and qualifications
• Relevant experience in aviation Safety Management Systems in complex project environment
• B1 or B2 engineers’ maintenance licence, Engineering degree/HND level or equivalent experience
• Previous proven experience and/or qualifications as a Safety Investigator
• Previous experience managing projects
• Ability to persuade and influence on safety matters
• Ability to work effectively in a team.
• Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
• Good communication skills.
• Demonstrable experience of Microsoft software packages.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Able to work unusual hours when required
• Good understanding of MAA Mil Part 145, ISO 9001, AS9100 Series, EASA and HSE requirements
• MEDA trained
• Previous experience applying Problem Solving methodology
• Previous experience of working in a highly confidential working environment
• Proactive approach to encouraging continuous improvement within an organisation
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated