Job Title: Safety Management System Specialist
Reports to: Safety & Quality Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Brize Norton, England
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Safety Management System Specialist seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
To support the Safety & Quality Manager by managing the Safety Management System in its entirety; including but not limited to management of the Risk Register, management of change, performing and leading Safety Investigations, conduction data and trend analysis, carrying out safety promotion throughout the organisation, leading the Safety Action Group and supporting the Continuous Improvement functions within the MRO Part 145 environment.
Essential Job Function
- Maintain the Risk Register
- Maintain the Safety Performance Indicators, support on the design and collection of safety data for trending purposes as part of AAGDS Operating System and Safety & Quality Dashboard.
- Report to the Safety & Quality Manager regarding system performance and the need for improvement
- Coordinate and update the Occurrence Reporting database. Conduct and assign Investigations to authorised safety investigators
- Coordinate safety investigations with interested parties within the Military and Customer interface.
- Report to AAGDS Management and their Customer on the results of Safety Investigations
- Coordinate with the relevant external safety stakeholders, including the customer, suppliers, and authorities/external agencies, in support to safe operations
- Maintaining any SMS supporting documentation and manage the SMS records
- Lead projects to implement changes, improvements, and best practices within the SMS
- Support Safety Risk Assessments activities, including “Management of Change”, and risk mitigation strategies
- Provide input to internal and external Safety Committees
- Chair periodic Occurrence Report/findings meetings
- Lead and Chair the Safety Action Group
- Promote the Safety Culture and best practices through the participation on Safety meetings
- Conduct Safety Promotion activities such as the oversight, development and delivery of training material and safety communications
- Manage the Hazards and Mitigation reports
- Ensure that the corrective and preventive actions for the SMS, such as Mitigation and Hazard reports, are adequately defined and effectively implemented
- Support in the development of emergency response plans that align with organisational, regulatory and customer requirements
- Support the Health, Safety and Environmental function within the organisation
- Support the completion of the audit program
Health and Safety
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at
- Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety
- Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security
- Previous experience in the application of the Safety Management System in a complex project environment or in a similar complex environment
- Able to effectively identify and carry out opportunities for improvement
- Previous proven experience and/or qualifications as a Safety Investigator
- Previous experience managing projects
- Proven experience of conflict management
- Strong communication skills
- Safety auditing experience
- Proven experience in the application of continuous improvement
- Ability to promote and lead a positive safety culture
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible, self-motivated, reliable, and diligent in your approach to all matters related to safety and quality.
Desirable skills and qualifications
- B1 or B2 engineers’ maintenance licence, Engineering degree/HND level or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as a lead auditor
- HSE experience conducting risk assessments and carrying out workplace assessments
- Previous experience working in a military environment
- Good communication
- Demonstrable experience of Microsoft software
- Ability to work under
- Able to work unusual hours when
- Good understanding of MAA Mil Part 145, ISO 9001, AS9100 Series, EASA and HSE requirements
- MEDA trained
- Previous experience applying Problem Solving methodology
- Previous experience of working in a highly confidential working environment
- Proactive approach to encouraging continuous improvement within an organisation
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 7th June 2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.