Job Title: Resource Planner
Reports to: Head of Production
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Resource Planner seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
The role will be responsible for alignment of workload forecasts against available resources. This is a pivotal role that would suit a people-person with a strong administrative and customer service background along with good analytical problem solving ability. You will be an extremely organised individual who is able to multi-task and prioritise work within a busy environment. You will have intermediate/advance MS Office skills, especially Excel and excellent communication skills. Demonstrate your ability to work under pressure with multiple projects and large staff volumes. Above all, you must be flexible and enjoy a challenge.
Essential Job Function
- Optimises the distribution of Qualified staff, informing Production Manager of any shortfalls in skill base.
- Forecasting demand/supply of headcount and manhours.
- Monitor overall headcount and raise concerns regarding shortages/surplus.
- Identifying and recommending solutions to deliver the required daily burn rates.
- Manage resource planning and manpower requirements compliant with the AAG & IAA regulatory requirements.
- Provide daily support to management members with queries, reports or issues.
- Manage Time and attendance- running AWOL (Absent without leave) reports as required.
- Awareness of Technical Training plans ensuring sufficient training days are made available whilst maintaining the required resource capacity.
- Manages the annual leave balance, ensuring year end targets are met while maintaining operational coverage.
- Supports the recruitment process and introduction of new people to the shift and Production organisation.
- Adhere to induction programme for both permanent and temporary contract staff.
- Prepare yearly manpower plan.
- Keeps track of all overtime worked and ensure compliance of working hour regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties and responsibilities identified by the Head of Production as it relates to Resource Planning.
- Non- EU/EAA nationals require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA) is desirable
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to convey the right messages in written and verbal form
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent coordinating and organizational skills
- Must be able to perform well under pressure
- Exceptional analytical skills with sound logic and reasoning.
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships.
- Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned projects
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
- Agile – We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
- Ambitious – We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence – We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric – We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
- Fun – We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused – We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other.
- Trust – We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 06/09/2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.