Job Title: Project Leader
Reports to: Production Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
Atlantic Aviation Group have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated and career focused Project Leader seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
- Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Accountable for the Safe, Cost Effective & On-Time delivery of an assigned aircraft maintenance input
- Responsible for the manhour and budget control of a single line of aircraft maintenance
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the cross functional team from Planning, Supply Chain and Technical Services Engineering for an assigned aircraft
- Accountable for Safety and Quality Control of the maintenance input under their control.
- Liaises with the Customer Representatives in relation to a maintenance input progress, agreement of manhours and standards of work in and around the aircraft.
- Ensures aircraft documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Retains oversight of staff in relation to aviation industry standards of servicing, defect rectification and maintenance of an assigned aircraft
- Verification of the validity of licences and authorisations held by staff assigned to the maintenance input
- Supports and participates in the professional development, training needs and performance management reviews of assigned staff.
- Supports, and participates in, the maintenance organisations development and implementation of continuous improvement and business excellence initiatives.
- May be required to deputise for the Production Manager.
- Will be expected to join the Duty Officer Roster and the 5S roster.
- Will be expected to be contactable out of hours with the company supplied phone.
- Has the ability to accrue time in lieu
- Will be paid overtime at the current agreed rate.
- Participates and contributes in daily production meetings and all other applicable scheduled meetings.
- Will be expected to present reports as required in relation to any projects under his/her control.
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our “Employee Orientated “culture
- Implementation and integration of our values and pillars as a constant way of operating
- An ambitious, agile and honest individual, committed to team work, and excellence.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance leadership role
- Preferred – Hold either an EASA B1 or B2 Licence endorsed with 1 or more type (B737, B757, B767)
- Preferred – Hold, or qualify to hold, a C release authorisation
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule when/if required.
- Strong communication and social skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Open to obtain and maintain licenses, or certifications as required
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however travel is a requirement of the role.
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.