Job title: Production Planning Manager
Reports to: Head of Base Maintenance
Location: Brize Norton, UK
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide effective leadership for the identification, development, maintenance and supervision of all Planning activities. Must be able to lead a skilled and knowledgeable workforce to deliver planning management, minimising costs and maximising operational efficiency.
- Provide effective leadership to functions under their responsibility by setting delivery targets, monitoring progress and reviewing reporting for any impact on continuing airworthiness. Resolve any escalated issues as appropriate.
- To build and maintain effective customer relationship and work to deliver effective collaboration between customer and AAGDS teams.
- To maintain control of planned works, ensuring effective feedback as required for deviations or escalations arising from a potentially unachievable or non-compliant plan.
- To monitor customer planning performance, highlighting deficiencies were necessary.
- Develop and produce agreed work packages, including the technical instructions, resource and material requirements for all maintenance events.
- To ensure on-time delivery of effective pre-input activities such as Pre-Input Meetings and Pre-load Delivery/Bill of Materials.
- Completion of activities – Ensure all Production Planning activities are appropriately documented and maintained on relevant systems (IT and paper based).
- To develop and maintain a continuous improvement culture and supportive process.
- Procedure/standards – Comply with procedures and standards, and any other Company procedures and standards. At this level would be expected to enact and embed change as required, ensuring compliance.
- Safety Management System – Working knowledge of human factors, error management, risk and safety management, within Maintenance/Production Planning environment, together with undertaking proactive hazard analysis and mitigation.
- Quality Assurance – Ensure Production planning activities are compliant with Quality Assurance Management system. Management of audit findings in a timely manner, providing relevant updates into the appropriate reviews and ensure findings responded appropriately in a timely manner
Health and Safety
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work. Including Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
- Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Policy. Including Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual
- Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security Policy.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Experience in using aircraft technical documentation to plan aircraft maintenance with task and ground time estimation.
- Excellent organisational ability with high level attention to detail and logical approach to task sequencing.
- Working knowledge of Part 145 regulations.
- Previous leadership and management experience.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data.
- Ability to review tasks to ensure they are adequately planned.
- Ability to converse with all levels of seniority.
- Good working knowledge of AMOS (or equivalent).
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Project and Excel.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, project management skills and experience, with lean management principles.
- Effective, highly credible communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the Financial, Commercial and Procurement processes within AAGDS and Customer(s).
- Recognised aircraft engineering qualification.
- Leadership and Management accreditation or equivalent.