Job Title: Production Mentor
Reports to: HR and Training Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Production Mentor seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business. The role of the Production Mentor is to develop and provide the mentoring necessary to support the 145 mentoring requirements of AAG.
Essential Job Function
- Mentor, support & coach all trainees and apprentices in the classroom, workshops and oversee OJT.
- Ensure compliance with MOE/Part 145/147 requirements in training content.
- Mentor all trainees & apprentices to perform tasks to the required standard.
- Check for prompt and correct maintenance paperwork completion.
- Educate students on application of correct H&S and maintenance procedures.
- Monitor the rotation schedule through the hanger to ensure trainee’s gain the required. exposure to all zones and appropriate tasks.
- Monitor trainee’s Knowledge, skills and attitude.
- Conduct performance reviews as scheduled and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Liaise with HR Manager/Training Manager on review findings.
- Monitor all trainees & apprentices to ensure completion of OJT work books and assessments.
- Provide OJT training and “sign off” for practical tasks as listed in Practical Task workbooks.
- Ensure all trainees & apprentices comply with Health and Safety requirements.
- Deliver reporting Metrics back to the business to demonstrate progress.
- When requested by the Training Manager, mentor new employees and contract staff on the standard procedures within production such as the use of manuals, recording of work done, completion of paperwork, parts ordering etc.
- When required will deliver short courses such as Flap peening, Bearing swaging etc, ensuring all course material is accurate and current
- Conduct Practical assessments and examinations with trainees and apprentices.
- Ensure all training attendance sheets and supporting documentation are accurately completed and sent to training administrator for recording and filing.
- Ensure and implement continual improvement processes
- Work as directed by your manager to assist in the smooth running of the Traineeship and apprenticeship programme.
- From time to time will provide mentoring to production staff on new and existing tasks/skills.
- From time to time will attend training on new procedures and on the use of new and updated equipment.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Hold a recognised apprenticeship or traineeship in the trade of aircraft maintenance
- Have relevant experience in the area of aircraft maintenance
- Experienced in the training /coaching of maintenance personnel
- Hold a recognised train the trainer course, mentor course, coaching course or have an instructor qualification is advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including MS Word and PowerPoint
- Have ability to prepare and present training material
- The ability to develop and deliver engaging training for a variety of audiences
- The ability to motivate and inspire a group through learning
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule when/if required.
- Strong collaboration skills
- Detail oriented
- Positive attitude and strong work energy
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Open to obtain and maintain licenses, or certifications as required
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 23/ 09/ 2021
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.