Job Title: Planner Scheduler
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co. Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With nearly 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Defence Services, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Equipment Tooling Mechanic seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Review of customer work scopes and creation of a project delivery plan based on the customers expected TAT and hangar resource considerations
- Creation of the check budget per zone and the planning & sequencing of daily task allocation in conjunction with the zonal Crew Leaders.
- Monitor the project plan delivery by production and brief and advise the project leader and production manager as required on progress.
- Manage process feedback and the hours database in relation to the active project
- On completion of the project the planner scheduler organises the end of project meeting
- Ability to work as part of a team and use of current knowledge and future learning to promote continuous improvement is an important aspect of the role.
Essential Job Function
As the Planner/ Scheduler you will be tasked with:
- Ensures all projects are accurately planned based on the agreed customers work scope in the required time to allow all stakeholders have their allocated time for input to the project plan
- Ensures that company procedure and quality standards are complied with when planning maintenance
- Works closely with the Planning manager to ensure manpower requirements are accurately planned and this information is available to the Resource planner and Production manager
- Ensures that commercial awareness is employed with all planning and budget decisions made in the check planning process
- Manages the Long-Term planner to ensure it is up to date and accurate for the purposes of capacity planning in relation to the project being planned and monitored
- Operates within AAG planning process standard work guidelines using the Planning App and Maintenance readiness indicator
- Acts as a central figure within the Project team for the coordination of production planning capacity management and manpower planning to ensure the efficient use of available space and Production skillsets within the MRO
- Liaises with the Planning manager to ensure hangar capacity and manpower availability are clear to the Sales team at all times
- Supports continuous improvement and supports Lean initiatives within the Planning department and the planning process
- Practical knowledge and demonstrable experience in check scheduling and management.
- Candidate must have good working knowledge of maintenance procedures and techniques with ability to forecast and estimate task times.
- Have a working knowledge of ERP systems and its daily and future uses at Atlantic Aviation Group.
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain and question all aspects of the maintenance and planning process normally encountered at Atlantic Aviation group.
- Knowledge of relevant aircraft types gained through a formalised training course; Courses should be a least at a level equivalent to Part-66 Appendix III Level I General Familiarisation
- Aircraft types required, at least one of the following, B737 Classic, NG, B757, B767 and B777.
- Knowledge of Atlantic Aviation Group planning procedures per EPM part 3.
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA) is desirable
- Proficient in use of MSOffice applications
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent coordinating and organizational skills
- Must be able to perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships.
- Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned project
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our “Employee Orientated “culture
- Implementation and integration of our values and pillars as a constant way of operating
- An ambitious, agile and honest individual committed to teamwork and excellence.
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however travel is a requirement of the role
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
- Agile – We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
- Ambitious – We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence – We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric – We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
- Fun – We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused – We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other.
- Trust – We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.