Job Title: Planner / Jobcard Engineer
Reports to: Planning Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co. Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Planner / Job Card Engineer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The Planner/Jobcard Engineer will be responsible for the day to day administration of their allocated projects on a project line or in the planning office and will report directly to the planning supervisor. The Planner/Jobcard Engineer is a key individual in planning and delivery of an aircraft maintenance project. The Planner/Jobcard Engineer is involved in the project delivery from beginning to end of the project process and is expected to work closely with the project team consisting of the Planner scheduler, project leader, and materials coordinator during a check visit. The Planner/Jobcard Engineer requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Office applications.
Essential Job Function
As a Planner/Jobcard Engineer, you will be tasked with:
- Assemble work pack from initial communication of work scope by sales and customer to planning.
- Creation of an excel upload sheet of the final work scope with customer input for input to ERP system.
- Splitting of task cards and phasing of task cards
- Creation of open/close task cards.
- Prepare project pre dock meeting contents.
- Printing and organising the work pack for delivery to production.
- Administration of work pack during project input in communication with customer and production.
- Ensuring all MOE and customer procedures and processes are observed during project delivery by planning.
- Completion of post check procedures and close out of the project in planning department. Ensuring that all check documents are accounted for and completed at check close.
Duties also include:
- The Planner/Jobcard Engineer will work closely with the Planner Scheduler to produce a check budget, plan and task sequence for assigned project.
- Ensure that aircraft check work packs received from customers are complete.
- Delivery of a comparison report of discrepancies between original quotation and supplied work order to Planner Scheduler and planning supervisor
- Controlling and monitoring paperwork flow during project visits, highlighting issues and changes as they arise to the Planner/Jobcard Engineer scheduler and Project Leader.
- Reviewing paperwork for quality and to ensure it satisfies MOE requirements.
- Ensuring that all documents are present and completed work packs are ready and prepared for return to the customer within ten working days
- Updating daily project report and delivering daily project report to the customer.
- Scan cards closed daily or as required.
- Complying with all relevant aspects of the AAG MOE, AAG engineering procedures manual and customer’s procedures as required.
- Additional roles as and when required by the department manager or supervisor.
- Completion of process improvement projects in the planning department assigned by the planning supervisor.
- The Planner/Jobcard Engineer is required to engage with changes to procedures to enhance the efficiency and professionalism of the department.
- Contributing to an open and friendly work environment dedicated to delivery of the best product to our customers.
- Non- EU/EAA nationals require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
- A minimum of 2 years Aviation Planning experience is required
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA) is desirable
- Completion of a relevant Type or GenFam course is advantageous (B737, B757 or B767)
- Proficient in use of MSOffice applications
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent coordinating and organizational skills
- Must be able to perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships.
- Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned projects
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)