Job Title: Part 21J Design Engineer(s) (Cabin – Structures – Avionics)
Reports to: Head of Design Organisation
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, DOA Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Part 21J Design Engineer(s) (Cabin – Structures – Avionics) seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
Part 21J, Design Office
- Fulfil Design Engineer role with respect to applicable technical disciplines on small/large aircraft/rotorcraft.
- Assist with creation of proposals for Design Change or Repair projects, considering both technical, regulatory and commercial aspects of the project.
- Resolve engineering problems associated with aircraft cabin interior, structure and/or avionic/electrical systems.
- Ensure that projects are delivered within budget estimates and meet the expected quality and on-time delivery standards.
- Liaison with Customers to maintain a good working relationship throughout the lifecycle projects.
- Remain well-informed for industry trends to offer relevant Products or Solutions to improve the operational requirements.
- AUTOCAD applications
- Microsoft Office 365
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Engineering or equivalent engineering qualification such as EASA Part 66 Basic Licence and or MRO maintenance experience
- Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Design, Engineering or Certification framework
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations, in particular EASA and/or FAA Part 21 and JAR/CS25
- Knowledge in CS23, CS27 and CS29 or Far equivalents are welcomed.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/ 06/ 23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.