Job Title: Materials Buyer
Reports to: Materials Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co. Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
Atlantic Aviation Group have an excellent opportunity for a Materials Buyer with a strong background in purchasing and supply chain management to join our team in Shannon, Ireland.
The Materials Buyer is responsible for managing the planning, scheduling and purchasing of all materials, equipment, services, tooling and components for designated aircraft inputs to meet business unit production goals.
Essential Job Function
The duties would include, but not limited to:
- Sourcing, ordering & expediting spares; ensuring they are available to Production as required to meet the project milestones
- Accurately placing orders for spare and services ensuring pricing, certification & lead time information is correct
- Utilizing the Inventory Locator Service and working closely with suppliers to ensure best price and lead-time is achieved
- Using a variety of supplier online ordering systems checking their available stock and pricing
- Processing the following order types:
- Purchase Orders
- Repair Orders
- Exchange Orders
- Service Orders
- Loan Orders
- Updating daily project reports with delivery dates, detail on alternate parts and relevant A.W.Bs
- Working with freight & logistics partners to ensure accurate delivery of orders and resolving any logistical issues that arise within the supply chain
- Working closely with the Materials Coordinator and Project Leader to ensure that options to repair or fabricate in-house are utilised
- Attending daily Project & Departmental meetings providing up to date information on all supply chain related matters
- Collating of data required for project wash up meetings & actioning any items arising from these meetings
- Continuous monitoring of vendor performance and ensuring that all vendor approvals are current.
- Monitoring inventory levels with a strong emphasis on stock reduction, being cost conscious with regards to supplier MOQ’s, MOV’s & product expiry dates.
- Assisting the Finance Department resolving any supplier related financial queries.
- Non- EU/EAA nationals require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience with the aviation industry is required
- Qualification in Logistics and/or Supply Chain is desirable with previous experience as a Material Buyer an advantage
- Experience in interpretation of aircraft drawings & manuals as well as a working knowledge of the Illustrated Parts Catalogue (IPC).
- Strong IT Skills with experience using and ERP System
- Demonstrates and is passionate about delivering customer solutions. Aware of customer needs; makes decisions with customer in mind and builds strong customer relationships.
- Experience of working in a Lean / 5S environment.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail