Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Reports to: Planning Supervisor
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Maintenance Planner seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
The Planner will be responsible for the day to day administration of their allocated projects on a project line or in the planning office and will report directly to the planning supervisor. The Planner is a key individual in planning and delivery of an aircraft maintenance project. The Planner is involved in the project work pack creation from beginning to end and is expected to work closely with the project team consisting of the planning Administrator, Planner scheduler, project leader, and materials coordinator during a check visit. The Planner requires a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Office applications.
Essential Job Function
As a Planner you will be tasked with:
- Assembling a work pack from initial communication of work scope by sales and customer to the planning department.
- Managing customer communications & queries during the work pack creation process
- Transferring logbook defects onto the work pack.
- Splitting of task cards and phasing of task cards
- Creation of open/close task cards.
- Staging and estimation of tasks in conjunction with the project scheduler
- Ensuring materials, tooling and services have been arranged per procedure for the work scope
- Creation of an excel upload sheet of the final work scope input to ERP system.
- Prepare project pre dock meeting contents.
- Printing and organising the work pack for delivery to production.
- Ensuring all MOE and customer procedures and processes are observed during work pack creation by planning.
- Give a detailed handover of the created work pack to the project administrator
- Attend and input learnings to the post check meeting
- A minimum of 2 years Aviation Planning experience is required
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA) is desirable
- Completion of a relevant Type or GenFam course is advantageous (B737, B757 or B767)
- Proficient in use of MSOffice applications
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent coordinating and organizational skills
- Must be able to perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills,
teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial
- Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned projects
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our “Employee Orientated “culture.
- Implementation and integration of our values and pillars as a constant way of operating
- An ambitious, agile and honest individual, committed to teamwork, and excellence.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/02/2023
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.