Job Title: IT Manager
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
Location: : Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious IT Manager seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Develop, mentor and manage the IT staff, with a focus on (a) delivery of the IT service to support operations, (b) safety at all times and (c) dignity in the workplace.
- Promote and maintain a good working attitude with IT staff.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Information Technology (IT) assets.
- Maintenance of all information technology equipment including computer networks, servers, storage, client computing devices and telephony.
- Responsible for backup of all apps and data and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Manage IT Security of physical assets and digital assets and create effective security protocols.
- Handle the organization’s hosting information.
- Manage vendors and service contracts.
- Respond to clients’ questions on IT.
- Continuously seek improvement of the IT Department and support Continuous Improvement (CI) efforts throughout the entire business.
- Handle logging of queries for both customers and employees.
- Responsible for analysing call log to discover trending matters and issues.
- Stay informed of development and changes in IT that will enhance our business.
Essential Job Function
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Focus on internal and external IT service delivery.
- Continuously improve the strength and capability of the IT Function.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managing technology teams.
- Experienced in coaching and developing people.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Have ability to prepare and present training material.
- The ability to motivate and inspire your team.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule when/if required.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Commitment to company values and ethics.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.