Job Title: In-House Recruitment Specialist
Reports to: HR Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co. Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious in-house recruiter seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
You will be part of the Human Resources team and you will provide comprehensive recruitment support to the hiring managers and the Human Resources Department. We are actively recruiting across all departments, so you will need strong aviation experience particularly legislative requirements, across all functions within an MRO.
You will manage the end to end process of high-volume recruitment activity, including sourcing, screening, arranging and interviewing candidates with hiring Managers. You will take ownership of and drive all aspects of recruitment process (including interview assessments, HR systems and employee data). You will also manage the recruitment advertising process and the response (shortlisting, rejecting and query handling) process.
You will need expert skills in the use of online advertising/LinkedIn and working with third party agencies as appropriate. The successful Recruitment Specialist will provide advice, guidance and support to Management on all aspects of the recruitment process, ensuring consistency and fairness is always maintained. You will develop and maintain close working relationships with Managers to provide expert advice when required and key recruitment agencies to ensure they have a clear understanding of the company ethos and business requirements.
Finally, you will provide support to the Human Resources team across talent acquisition providing HR support including calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings across multiple calendars. Participate in and assist with HR projects and ad-hoc tasks when required by the HR team and ensure policies and forms are up to date.
Essential Job Function
- Maintain proactive sourcing activities ensuring qualified applicant pools are identified in conjunction with Hiring Managers and HR.
- Understand the recruiting needs of the business; anticipate hiring needs and proactively identify recruiting solutions to meet those needs.
- Develop, initiate and execute sourcing and recruiting strategies and other staffing related processes.
- Coach Hiring Managers and coordinate selection process to ensure optimal selection of candidates for available positions.
- Conduct interviews by evaluating employment factors such as job experience, education, training, skills, knowledge, abilities and other data relevant to the selection process.
- Always ensuring we hire in accordance to our values
- Prepare, extend and negotiate competitive job offers.
- Engage resources to maximize the strategic role of the staffing function and eliminate non-value-added work. Focus on continuous improvement and make suggestions to improve the staffing process, policies and strategy. May contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Work with outside agencies and vendors.
- Assist with the work permit application process
- Ensure the organization complies with legislation, laws and regulations as it relates to sourcing, recruiting and hiring.
- Assess potential candidates, screen, and interview and prepare a slate of qualified candidates to hiring Manager. Manage continuous communication with the hiring manager and report search progress and recommend solutions to successfully find quality candidates.
- Maintain relationships with hires to ensure their success in their new jobs.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management.
- Use innovation to source and attract top talent including headhunting, referrals, networking and various database and online searches.
- Calendar management and scheduling of internal and external meetings across multiple calendars and liaising with agencies/candidates and hiring managers regarding interview scheduling
- Coordinate HR data for weekly administration
- Assist in the HR Induction/on boarding of new employees
- Communicate professionally and in a timely manner maintaining a high level of confidentiality always both internally and externally with our candidates and hiring teams.
- Maintain recruitment applicant tracking system ensuring information is up to date and accurate.
- Produce ad hoc recruiting reports and participate in recruiting events
- Organise and scheduling meetings and events, coordinate with other administrative team members, local and global.
- Assist in the preparation of candidates for interviews and supporting documents.
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation within the Applicant Tracking System
- Successfully represent our culture throughout the hiring process
- Take references and conduct background checks.
- Manage a Recruitment Administrator and assist with other ad hoc HR projects.
- Non- EU/EAA nationals require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
- Minimum of 3 years recruitment experience in aviation recruitment, either In-house or agency recruitment experience considered
- Professional Qualification in Human Resources, Business Studies or related discipline
- Interpersonal skills are very important with a proven ability to interact well with others and promote a positive image of the company always.
- Knowledge of and network with the various advertising media e.g. agencies, radio, fairs, colleges a distinct advantage
- Ability to work well to deadlines with strong project management skills
- Strong PC skills required with knowledge of all MS packages and internet knowledge.
- Experience with applicant tracking systems is useful.
- Innovative and resourceful.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Sense of urgency and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strategic use of LinkedIn Recruiter and sourcing
- Willingness to travel (Domestic or International) as required You are experienced managing multiple time zones for scheduling and coordinating candidates across multiple locations