Job Title: In-House Group Legal Counsel
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG is currently looking for an In-House Legal Counsel. This is a permanent role, reporting to the Group’s Chief Financial Officer. The person will have primary responsibility for the management, execution, and administration of AAG’s legal matters across corporate, commercial, property and M&A. Some support and advice may be required in the employment and dispute resolution.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Provide accurate, relevant & timely advice to AAG on a variety of legal topics across corporate, commercial, property, employment, dispute resolution, and M&A.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to AAG, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Principles.
- Promote legal, compliance and risk management best practice throughout AAG.
- Manage and mitigate legal risks in a practical manner by designing and implementing appropriate internal controls, company policies and procedures.
- Advise AAG and its business units on compliance and regulatory matters and other corporate legal matters and take pro-active measures to mitigate same.
- Structure, draft and support commercial team in the negotiation and closing of aircraft maintenance agreements and related transaction documents (GTAs, aircraft storage agreements, aviation services agreements, etc.) including participating in negotiations with AAG customers.
- Work with internal functions, external legal counsel, Aviation Authorities and third parties as required.
- Manage and coordinate the work of AAG external legal counsel.
- Provide pragmatic, commercial, and strategic legal advice to the AAG Senior Management and Commercial teams.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of strategic and commercial decisions and the legal implications that arise.
- Establish, maintain, and manage entity governance structures where applicable.
- Advise on the legal workstream for corporate and M&A transactions including due diligence, the drafting and negotiation of all transaction documentation, and all related matters.
- Provide legal assistance on financial and restructuring projects.
- Lead the Risk, Compliance and Regulatory function within AAG by offering legal expertise and advice on risk management and exposure, liability, compliance, and governance, taking a broad view that encompasses AAG’s integrity and reputation.
- Stay up to date with changes to legislation especially those specific to AAG’s business and industry and anticipate and respond to potential impacts of new legislation on the Group.
- Undertake company secretarial tasks including, but not limited to, annual compliance obligations including ESG regulatory requirements.
- Deliver legal training to the business where applicable.
- Provide specialist employment advice and assistance to the CPO and wider HRBP People Team regarding a range of employment matters and compliance requirements.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and project management skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage multiple deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Ability to prioritise work and work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to independently evaluate complex issues and utilise judgment to sort through diverse opinions to achieve consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement, and achieve significant, complex goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively communicate, influence and lead at all levels of the organization.
- Analytical and strategic thinking with good business acumen.
- Good attention to detail while retaining the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Qualifications & Experience:
- Irish qualified Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE, including experience with a transactional focus and/or prior experience in the aviation sector.
- A comprehensive grasp of EU General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Principles.
- Previous experience of providing a general range of employment advice, including but not limited to participation in employment cases at WRC and other external bodies.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing commercial aviation contracts and related transaction documents.
- Previous experience of having worked\provided advices in a Unionised environment.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangars in Shannon and Brize Norton, Oxford.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you! Closing date for applications: 29 / 09 / 23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found. As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.