Job Title:Health & Safety Specialist
Reports to: Quality & Safety Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
Atlantic Aviation Group have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated and career focused Health & Safety Specialist seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The key role of the Health and Safety Specialist is to develop our safety systems to be best in-class and implement policy, procedures and training that encourage and sustain safe behaviours and a Safety-First culture. The purpose of this role is to support the delivery of Zero Harm via our Health & Safety Management System as part of the Quality, Safety and Security team.
Essential Job Function
- Develop business unit and group safety strategies and support the delivery of the EHS&S Roadmap for Zero Harm.
- Ensure H&S procedures are updated and aligned with Local / EU H&S legislation
- Support the Risk Assessment program across our business streams
- Provide guidance and support to management and operations teams on H&S compliance and management
- Collaborate cross-functionally where required to ensure effective integration of H&S changes / improvements
- Assist in deploying the Safety Culture Improvement campaigns across business units.
- Support and conduct H&S and Environmental program audits and program reviews
- Continuously drive Safety Observation and Reporting Program and Incident prevention focus
- Undertake accident investigation and follow up actions including statutory reporting of accidents to regulatory bodies and identification of corrective and preventative action
- Maintain and enhance the Emergency Response Management plans for all business units.
- Co-ordinate the H&S training program and support the provisions of appropriate Health & Safety training as required.
- Ensure that the group security training, competencies, policies and practices are documented and implemented to support local Aerodrome and organisational policies.
- Undertake security incident investigation and follow up actions including statutory reporting to regulatory bodies and identification of corrective and preventative action
- Support and conduct Security program audits and program/policy reviews.
- Degree Qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
- 3+ years’ experience in manufacturing / engineering / servicing environment
- Excellent all-round communicator and team player
- Proven track record in continuous improvement
- Ability to work under pressure, demonstrated flexibility ability to deliver to deadlines
- Member of IOSH
- Certified trainer for manual handling (Desirable)
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however travel is a requirement of the role.
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.