Job Title: Head of Airworthiness
Reports to: Head of Design Organisation
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Head of Airworthiness seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- AAG HoA nominated post holder, responsible for the day-to-day Part 21J Airworthiness activities, and ensuring that the organisation personnel work in accordance with the applicable procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Advise all departments of the Design Organisation in all questions regarding airworthiness, environmental protection approvals and certification.
- Ensure that the organisation’s processes and standards accurately reflect the applicable regulations, ensuring that compliance is proactively managed, and that any early warning signs of non-compliance are documented and acted upon.
- Obtain and distribute applicable CS and environmental protection requirements and other specifications and interpret these.
- Ensure the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
- Liaise between the Design Organisation and the Agency about Type Investigation and the Type Certification process.
- Lead, develop and improve Part 21J Airworthiness activities using appropriate aviation industry trends & data and modern / innovative tools & techniques in accordance with AAG growth plans.
- Develop the manufacturing supplier strategy (POA) that enables AAG to scale and globalise production as required.
- Review existing manufacturing vendor performance, quality and cost of outputs, negotiating favourable terms and conditions for AAG as necessary.
- Prepare the Certification Programmes and coordinate all tasks related to Type Investigation in concurrence with the Agency.
- Approve the Classification of Changes.
- Ensure that all test programmes and compliance documents are prepared as necessary to show compliance with all CS, OSD and environmental protection requirements, as well as for completeness, and sign for release of the documents.
- Monitor significant events on other aeronautical products as far as relevant to determine their effect on airworthiness of products being designed by the Design Organisation.
- Ensure cooperation in preparing Service Bulletins with special attention for airworthiness, environmental protection and granting the approval on behalf of the Agency.
- Ensure the initiation of activities as a response to failure (accident/ incident/in-service experience) evaluation and complaints from the operation and provide information to the Agency in case of airworthiness impairment (continuing airworthiness).
- Ensure that the manuals approved by the Agency, including any subsequent revisions are checked to determine that they meet the respective requirements, and that they are provided to the Agency for approval.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a Part 21 Services environment and previous experience as an EASA Form 4 Post holder.
- Hold a recognised engineering qualification.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of aircraft interior modification programmes (structures, cabin safety, avionics).
- Proficient knowledge of Part 21, Part M & Part 145.
- Knowledge of compliance monitoring and safety management systems.
- Knowledge of aviation legislation and in particular Part 21J applicable regulations.
- Demonstrable experience in building sustainable growth in business.
- Ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to business with a passion for continuous development and upskilling to keep abreast of best practices and next practice.
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the key commercial levers in a people oriented technical services business.
- Experience of working internationally with multi-jurisdictions.
- Ideally, experience gained in a progressive, commercially focused organisation with a strong culture of performance, innovation, and delivery.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our employee orientated culture.
- An ambitious, agile, and honest individual, committed to teamwork, and excellence.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/ 06/ 23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.