Job Title: Group Sales Estimator
Reports to: Group Commercial Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Estimator seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business. The role of the Estimator is to work closely with our customers whilst working in partnership with our group sales team to ensure AAG continues to secure appropriate business opportunities at targeted returns whilst maintaining excellent customer relationships.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Develop manhour and material quotations in response to customer Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Provide detailed estimates of work scopes in line with client’s requirements.
- Liaise with production to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Work as part of a professional and highly motivated team to deliver RFQ’s within required timelines.
- Comply with Atlantic Aviation Group’s internal and mandatory reporting requirements.
- Comply with the Atlantic Aviation Group’s safety policy.
- Provide an outstanding customer experience when dealing with the Atlantic Aviation Group client base.
- Work closely with the Sales function to maximise up-sell and sectoral opportunities.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the aviation maintenance sector.
- Update internal systems in accordance with Atlantic Aviation Group requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives as required and outlined by the Commercial Manager.
- Other duties and responsibilities as identified by the Commercial Manager relating to Quotation planning and execution.
- A minimum of 2 years Aviation Estimating or closely related experience in an MRO, airline or aircraft leasing environment is desirable.
- Degree or equivalent aircraft maintenance qualification with 5 year’s sector experience.
- Good knowledge of maintenance procedures and techniques for Boeing and Airbus with ability to forecast and estimate task times.
- Specific knowledge of maintenance procedures for B787 and A320 types is advantageous.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel is necessary.
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA) is desirable.
- Completion of a relevant Type or GenFam course is advantageous.
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent coordinating and organizational skills and an ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Strong communication skills with ability to explain and question all aspects of the maintenance and planning processes normally encountered at Atlantic Aviation Group.
- Strong relationship builder with all stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however international travel may be a requirement from time to time
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and overtime, may be required
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 11/07/2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.