Job Title: Group FP&A Partner
Reports to: CFO
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Group FP&A Partner seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
As a key member of the Finance Team, the Group FP&A Partner will report to the CFO and assume a senior role within the Finance function, with responsibility for the preparation of accurate, timely financial analysis to support the Groups senior executive team, financial business partners and subsidiaries in general. It involves researching, evaluating, developing, and presenting information. Being able to work on own initiative, be self-directed and organised are requirements of the role. Initially, the role will involve the preparation of accurate, timely financial reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The role will support the development of the group business plan, budgets and forecasts. A strong focus on the internal control environment is also required.
Essential Job Function
- Initially this position will partner with the Director of maintenance and operations teams through the provision of actionable insight on a timely basis to positively affect performance in real time – right people with the right information at the right time.
- Perform daily review on all live projects reporting to production and management. Challenging variances vs budget, exceedances, and performance.
- Provide management with high quality analysis to understand true resource utilisation, operational efficiency, and team profitability
- Carry out post check review on performance vs what was sold
- Leads on providing financial planning and analysis support for the Group
- Supports management planning and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating information and recommending actions
- Assists in assessing, reviewing and protecting the Group’s financial wellbeing
- Evaluates financial and business situations by completing quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Recommends financial and business actions by assessing options in relation to organisational goals and plans
- Prepares and presents financial reports by collecting, formatting, analysing, and explaining information
- Leads on developing financial and business models.
- Advising business managers about the financial implications of projects – Explaining the financial consequences of business decisions applying accounting techniques to plan and budget
- Provide variance analysis/KPIs/commentary to management deriving key insights from reports to drive proactive and good decision making
- Preparing various accurate, timely reports to support both internal and external financial reporting needs
- Responsible for the forecasting and budgeting processes at a consolidation level
- Producing relevant reports to enable strategic decisions to be taken by management
- Input into the preparation of, analysis, commentary and reporting on the monthly management accounts and budgets
- Input into the interim and year end audits
- Preparing data analysis and supporting schedules in connection with an annual audit and coordinating with both internal teams, as well as external auditors
- Work closely with the other members of the finance team to ensure smooth running of department
- Provide cover for the Finance Business Partners
- Responsible for the review and improvement of finance policies, procedures, and controls
- Supporting project work to facilitate the integration of all business units onto a central accounting and operating system
- Participating in ongoing improvement, standardisation and re-engineering of processes and controls and implementation of best practices
- Support the CFO and Head of Finance in devising and implementing techniques to drive change throughout the business
- Other duties and responsibilities identified by the CFO and Head of Finance as it relates to Finance.
- Fully Qualified Accountant with ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- 10 years’+ experience working in a Finance Function
- Strong knowledge of the aviation industry
- An energetic, dedicated approach combined with excellent organisation skills and a commitment to deadlines, targets, and high work standards.
- A strong communicator with excellent Interpersonal skills
- Team player with keen initiative that can efficiently produce high quality output
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to perform financial analysis.
- Capable of working autonomously and making decisions effectively.
- To align with our core values, we are seeking staff that are ambitious, agile and honest, who will show a great customer and team focus and are committed to excellence. We are looking for positive people, who like us, have fun while getting the job done.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Commitment to company values and ethics
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 12/02/23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.