Job Title: Fitter Night Shift
Reports to: Head of Base Maintenance
Location: Brize Norton, UK
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Fitter (Night Shift) seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
The role of the unlicensed Aircraft Engineer required to perform aircraft maintenance tasks in accordance with Technical Documentation & Company Procedures.
- Carry out aircraft maintenance tasks as directed by their Hangar Foreman, SLE or LE, providing assistance to other staff (any trade) to ensure safe and effective working practices. • Ensure you are booked to task and to advise Hangar Foreman if additional time is required to complete a task.
- Carry out movement of heavy equipment, tooling and spares around the site. This may involve the use of forklift (training will be provided).
- Assist with aircraft cleaning.
- Maintain a clean working environment around the aircraft and facilities.
- Carry out servicing of aircraft toilets on aircraft in maintenance.
- Contain any fuel and/or oil spillage.
- Assist with aircraft manoeuvring requirements.
- Ensure all waste products are separated and recycled as necessary.
- Ensure the scissor lifts are on charge at the end of their shift and ensure battery servicing is carried out.
- Ensure all AAGDS vehicles are clean and tidy and all fluid levels checked.
- Address and report any safety concerns immediately.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a serviceable, clean, tidy and safe condition, reporting any faulty equipment immediately using the correct channels.
- Carry out additional team responsibilities or any other reasonable request from your Hangar Foreman, SLE, LE or Hangar Management Team.
- To recommend to the SLE any improvements that may increase safety and/or efficiency.
- Carry out any reasonable request to carry out offsite support e.g. AOG, Line.
- Remain up to date with all Read & Sign notices. Health and Safety
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work. Including Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
- Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Policy. Including Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual
- Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security Policy.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- More than 3 years aircraft experience (or in a comparable industry) or recognised aircraft apprenticeship with a minimum of one years aircraft experience plus minimum 12 months service.
- Has had Competency Assessment completed and is at a satisfactory level.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work unsupervised when required to do so.
- Good awareness of Aviation safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to operate a powerset (GPU).
- Previous aircraft experience (or some in comparable trade or industry)
- Previous experience of working at an operational aerodrome
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 16/06/2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.