Job Title: Finance Business Partner
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: AAG Defence Services, RAF Brize Norton
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Finance Business Partner seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Partnering with the Director of maintenance and operations teams through the provision of actionable insight on a timely basis to positively affect performance in real time – right people with the right information at the right time.
- Perform daily review on all live projects reporting to production and management. Challenging variances vs budget, exceedances, and performance.
- Provide management with high quality analysis to understand true resource utilisation, operational efficiency, and team profitability.
- Advising managers about the financial implications of projects – Explaining the financial consequences of business decisions applying accounting techniques to plan and budget.
- Provide variance analysis/KPIs/commentary to management deriving key insights from reports to drive proactive and good decision making.
- Carry out post check review on performance vs what was sold.
- Preparing various accurate, timely, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to support both internal and external financial reporting needs
- Responsible for the forecasting and budgeting processes at entity level
- Reviewing expenditure on an on-going basis and providing commentary on same
- Producing relevant reports to enable strategic decisions to be taken by management.
- Completion of the month end process, ensuring timely completion and posting of nominal ledger journals and adjustments
- Month end reconciliations and variance investigation
- Responsible for the preparation of, analysis, commentary and reporting on the monthly management accounts and budgets.
- Partner commercial team with new business initiatives – pricing strategies, tendering for new business.
- Responsible for the interim and year end audits at entity level
- Preparing data analysis and supporting schedules in connection with an annual audit and coordinating with both internal teams, as well as external auditors
- Work closely with the other members of the finance team to ensure smooth running of department.
- Responsible for tax compliance at entity level
- Input into the review and improvement of finance policies, procedures, and controls
- Supporting project work to facilitate the integration of all business units onto a central accounting and operating system.
- Participating in ongoing improvement, standardisation and re-engineering of processes and controls and implementation of best practices
- Support the CFO and Head of Finance in devising and implementing techniques to drive change throughout the business.
- Other duties and responsibilities identified by the Head of Finance as it relates to Finance.
- Fully Qualified Accountant with ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification
- 5 years’+ experience working in a Finance Function
- Strong knowledge of the aviation industry a benefit
- An energetic, dedicated approach combined with excellent organisation skills and a commitment to deadlines, targets, and high work standards.
- A strong communicator with excellent Interpersonal skills
- Team player with keen initiative that can efficiently produce high quality output.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to perform financial analysis.
- Capable of working autonomously and making decisions effectively.
- To align with our core values, we are seeking staff that are ambitious, agile, and honest, who will show a great customer and team focus and are committed to excellence. We are looking for positive people, who like us, have fun while getting the job done.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in RAF Brize Norton however travel to and working at other AAG sites may be required of the role.
- You must be able to hold an SC-Level Security clearance.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 17/03/23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.