Job Title: Engineering Officer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Engineering Officer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The Engineering Officer will be responsible for performance of duties as defined below in the Part 145 operations of Atlantic Aviation Group, with reference to company Engineering Procedures Manual (EPM) and Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE). The Engineering Officer will report to Engineering Manager, via Head of 145 Engineering.
Essential Job Function
As an Engineering Officer, you will be tasked with:
- Assisting production in the interpretation of engineering drawings, SB’s, SRM’s, etc.
- Act as a focal point for communication between production and customer or manufacturer.
- This will involve liaising with the customer or manufacturer with respect to technical issues that fall outside the scope of the repair manual, electrical wiring problems etc.
- Interpretation of Engineering replies and transcribing the instructions into an unambiguous staged work process.
- Ensure the accuracy of information and instructions transcribed in documents issued.
- Perform Project Management with respect to implementation of major repairs, modifications, or refurbishment projects.
In addition to the above, other duties may have to be carried out when requested by the Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably aviation related, or equivalent engineering qualification such as EASA Part 66 Basic Licence.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Advanced knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA).
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, teambuilding skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships.
- Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned projects (technical, budget, schedule).
- Skilled in use of MSOffice products required such as Excel and Word.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Typical Working Conditions
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing technical support
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 18th July 2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.