This position is now filled.
Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Contact: Please send a cover letter and up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line.
Atlantic Aviation Group is now recruiting a Design Engineer to join its dynamic team in Shannon, Co. Clare. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, enthusiastic and experienced individual to join a dynamic and growing company in a great industry.
Atlantic Aviation Group is one of Europe’s leading independent MRO companies, offering customers a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. AAG is based in Shannon, Co. Clare.
The Design Engineer will be an essential part of the Design Services team. The role involves creation of the design and compliance data in accordance with Atlantic Aviation Group Part 21J DOH and Procedures Manual.
Essential Job Function
- Resolve engineering problems associated with aircraft cabin interior and/or avionics systems designs
- Communicate effectively and professionally. Act as a focal point for communication with production teams, customer, and suppliers
- Create Design Package including drawings, work instructions, and substantiation data
- Participate in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the design
- Ensure the successful integration of each design element within the product as a whole
- Participate in the substantiation and validation of the design.
Typical Working Conditions
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing technical support
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably aviation related, or equivalent engineering qualification such as EASA Part 66 Basic Licence
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA) and CS25, with basic knowledge of the relevant Certification Specification requirements
- Basic knowledge of EASA Part 21
- Project Management experience
- Proficient in creation of Engineering Drawings using CAD software
Company Attitude and Behaviours
- Demonstrate professional behaviour in accordance with Atlantic Aviation Group policy in all Company business dealings and decisions
- Demonstrate appropriate attitude and behaviour in support of safe working practices and warehouse standards
- Demonstrates and is passionate about delivering customer solutions. Aware of customer needs, makes decisions with customer in mind and builds strong customer relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-driven, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team
- Proven ability to manage time & workloads for maximum efficiency
- Trustworthy & ethical, follows through in all areas, accepts and delivers on responsibilities and requires others to follow through on commitments
- Generates new ideas and solutions from self and others. An ability and desire to go beyond the familiar
- Trust – We will create trust by being honest, ethical and respectful every day. What we say is what we do
- Committed to Excellence – We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond
- Ambitious – We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination
- Agile – We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better
- Fun – We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace
- Customer Centric – We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them
- People Focused – We will develop, engage, protect and support our staff and each other
Please send a cover letter and up-to-date CV to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line. Closing date June 6th 2017.