Job Title: Design Engineer (Avionics) – 9 Month FTC
Reports to: Engineering Manager & Head of Design Organisation
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Design Engineer (Avionics) seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The Design Engineer will project manage Design Change projects from conception to delivery. This person will meet the requirements to perform the role of Design Engineer in accordance with Atlantic Aviation Group’s Part 21J DOH and Procedures Manuals.
Essential Job Function
Part 21J, Design Services
- Fulfil Design Engineer role with respect to applicable technical disciplines.
- Resolve engineering problems associated with aircraft cabin interior and/or avionics systems designs.
- Assist with creation of proposals for Design Change projects, considering both technical and commercial aspects of the project.
- Ensure that Design Change projects are delivered within budget estimates and meet the expected quality and on-time delivery standards.
- Liaison with Customers to maintain a good working relationship throughout the lifecycle of Design Change projects.
- Create and develop commercially viable solutions for mandatory changes to aircraft systems, with a view to selling of those solutions to the marketplace.
- Maintain industry awareness, with a view to offering Products or Solutions to aircraft operators to improve the aircraft for their operational needs.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably aviation related, or equivalent engineering qualification such as EASA Part 66 Basic Licence
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Design Engineer role within Part 21J framework
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations, in particular EASA Part 21 and CS25
Typical Working Conditions
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing technical support
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 14th October 2021
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.