Job Title: Design Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager & Head of Design Organisation
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co. Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Design Engineer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The Design Engineer will project manage Design Change projects from conception to delivery. This person will meet the requirements to perform the role of Design Engineer in accordance with Atlantic Aviation Group’s Part 21J DOH and Procedures Manuals.
Essential Job Function
Part 21J, Design Services
- Fulfil Design Engineer role with respect to applicable technical disciplines.
- Resolve engineering problems associated with aircraft systems.
- Assist with creation of proposals for Design Change projects, considering both technical and commercial aspects of the project.
- Ensure that Design Change projects are delivered within budget estimates and meet the expected quality and on-time delivery standards.
- Liaison with Customers to maintain a good working relationship throughout the lifecycle of Design Change projects.
- Create and develop commercially viable solutions for mandatory changes to aircraft systems, with a view to selling of those solutions to the marketplace.
- Maintain industry awareness, with a view to offering Products or Solutions to aircraft operators to improve the aircraft for their operational needs.
- Non- EU/EAA nationals require current and valid permission to work and reside in the Republic of Ireland.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering, preferably aviation related, or equivalent engineering qualification such as EASA Part 66 Basic Licence
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Design Engineer role within Part 21J framework
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations, in particular EASA Part 21 and CS25
Typical Working Conditions
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing technical support
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements