Job Title: Deputy Planning Manager
Reports to: Planning Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Deputy Planning Manager seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
- Lead a team of 15 aviation professionals.
- Become expert in all aircraft job cards related processes.
- Maintain knowledge of Production capabilities and certification requirements.
- Interpret Customer & OEM technical documentation and accurately transfer the information onto job cards.
- Lead the planning team and distribute the workload in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that the full cycle of work instructions: Receiving, preparing and issuing WP’s to production, collecting completed paperwork, scanning and sending to customer, is executed according to company procedures.
- Create, handle, update, and revise job cards databases up to latest revisions and in accordance with agreed standards.
- Control the Process Feedback Application, including rectification of defects and recording of Feedback Items. Update Master database as per feedbacks from Production.
- Works closely with production to ensure most efficient check preparation.
- Ensure EASA Part 145 compliance in planning and job cards.
- Permanently improve the quality of created job cards.
- Participates in development and amendments of internal manuals and work procedures, as required.
- Review and assist in corrective and preventive actions of assigned audits.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and supports Lean initiatives within the Planning department and the planning process.
- Any other duties and responsibilities identified by the Planning & Engineering Manager or Planning Leader as it relates to Planning.
- University degree in relevant field and/or at least 3 years’ experience of planning or leadership in an aircraft maintenance organisation.
- Performs tasks without detailed supervision, but with guidance on new or unusual tasks
- Have the ability to work without supervision, multi-task and prioritise
- Be able to work independently and be initiative driven
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Good understanding of creation and control of maintenance programmes and MPD’s
- General familiarization course (or type-rating course) for at least one aircraft type of Boeing / Airbus OEM
- Excellent knowledge of Aircraft documentation
- Ability to interpret Customer & OEM technical documentation
- Good PC skills – Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel)
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 05/12/2022
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.