Job Title: Check Planner
Reports to: Planning Supervisor
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
Atlantic Aviation Group have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated and career focused Check Planner seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
The Check Planner will be responsible for the day to day administration of their allocated projects on a project line or in the planning office and will report directly to the Planning Supervisor. The Check Planner is a key individual in planning and delivery of an aircraft maintenance project. The Check Planner is involved in the project work pack creation from beginning to end and is expected to work closely with the project team consisting of the Planning Administrator, Planner Scheduler, Project Leader, and Materials Coordinator during a check visit. The Check Planner requires a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS Office applications.
Essential Job Function
As a Check Planner you will be tasked with:
- Assembling a work pack from initial communication of work scope by sales and customer to the planning department.
- Managing customer communications & queries during the work pack creation process
- Transferring log book defects onto the work pack.
- Splitting of task cards and phasing of task cards
- Creation of open/close task cards.
- Staging and estimation of tasks in conjunction with the project scheduler
- Ensuring materials, tooling and services have been arranged per procedure for the work scope
- Creation of an excel upload sheet of the final work scope input to ERP system.
- Prepare project pre dock meeting contents.
- Printing and organising the work pack for delivery to production.
- Ensuring all MOE and customer procedures and processes are observed during work pack creation by planning.
- Give a detailed handover of the created work pack to the project administrator
- Attend and input learnings to the post check meeting
Duties also include:
- The Check Planner will work closely with the Planner Scheduler to produce a check budget, plan and task sequence for assigned project.
- Ensure that aircraft check work packs received from customers are complete.
- Delivery of a comparison report of discrepancies between original quotation and supplied work order to Planner scheduler and planning supervisor
- Complying with all relevant aspects of the AAG MOE, AAG engineering procedures manual and customer’s procedures as required.
- Additional roles as and when required by the department manager or supervisor.
- Completion of process improvement projects in the planning department assigned by the planning supervisor.
- The Planner is required to engage with changes to procedures to enhance the efficiency and professionalism of the department.
- Contributing to an open and friendly work environment dedicated to delivery of the best product to our customers.
- A minimum of 2 years Aviation Planning experience is required
- Knowledge of the Aviation Regulations (EASA and FAA) is desirable
- Completion of a relevant Type or Gen Fam course is advantageous (B737, B757 or B767)
- Proficient in use of MS Office applications
- Detail oriented with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability
- Excellent coordinating and organizational skills
- Must be able to perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently and meet aggressive schedules
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills, team-building skills, and the ability to persuade others without creating adversarial relationships.
- Works closely with project team members to resolve problems with assigned projects
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our “Employee Orientated “culture
- Implementation and integration of our values and pillars as a constant way of operating
- An ambitious, agile and honest individual, committed to team work, and excellence.
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however travel is a requirement of the role.
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.