Job Title: Avionics Team Lead
Reports to: Production Manager or appropriate designee
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 55 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training and consultancy. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and the EASA Part 147 Atlantic Aviation Institute which provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
Atlantic Aviation Group have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated and career focused Avionics Team Lead seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
- Accountable for the Safe, Cost Effective & On-Time delivery of all Avionic scheduled and unscheduled activities.
- Responsible for the manhour and budget control of the Avionic section activities.
- Communicates effectively and accurately with the cross functional team from Hangar Production, Planning, Supply Chain and Technical Services Engineering for the Support Shops department
- Accountable for Safety and Quality Control of the Avionic sections activities.
- Liaises with the Customer Representatives in relation to the workscope, agreement of manhours and standards of work of an assigned maintenance input.
- Ensures relevant repair documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Retains oversight of Avionic staff in relation to aviation industry standards of servicing, defect rectification and maintenance
- Verification of the validity of licences and authorisations held by staff assigned to Avionics section
- Supports and participates in the professional development, training needs and performance management reviews of assigned staff.
- Supports, and participates in, the maintenance organisations development and implementation of continuous improvement and business excellence initiatives.
- Supports, and participates in, the maintenance organisations’ commercial and professional development of the Avionic services
- May be required to deputise for the Production Manager.
- Will be expected to join the Duty Officer Roster and the 5S roster.
- Will be expected to be contactable out of hours with the company supplied phone.
- Has the ability to accrue time in lieu but will not be entitled to a flexi-time bank.
- Will be paid overtime at the current agreed rate.
- Participates and contributes in daily production meetings and all other applicable scheduled meetings.
- Will be expected to present reports as required in relation to any projects under his/her control.
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ Base Maintenance experience, including modification installations
- Preferred – Hold an EASA B2 Licence endorsed 1 or more type (B737,B757,B767)
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule when/if required.
- Strong communication and social skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Open to obtain and maintain licenses, or certifications as required
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however travel is a requirement of the role.
- PPE is provided by Atlantic Aviation Group and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Flexibility to work weekends, holidays and overtime, may be required.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.