Job Title: AR and Credit Control Specialist
Reports to: Group Finance Transaction Partner
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group Hangar 2, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious AR & Credit Control Specialist seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Responsible for sales invoicing and accurate booking of receipts on a daily basis.
- Preparation of monthly cash forecasts and ensuring established forecasts are delivered upon.
- Develop weekly aged debtor report for senior management review.
- Debt collection is an essential element of this role – ensuring timely payments and interacting with customers over non-payment.
- Building strong relationships both internally with other internal functions & externally with customers to ensure that all issues are dealt with in a timely manner with minimal impact on collections.
- Bank reconciliations of multiple bank accounts, ensuring all bank transactions are kept up to date on the ERP system on a daily basis.
- Processing and reconciliation of company credit cards and petty cash
- Preparation and reconciliation of assigned Month End Reports
- Preparation of assigned audit schedules and assist with year end audit
- Provide support to AP function as and when required
- Undertake other tasks or projects as assigned by Group Finance Transaction Partner
- Actively support process improvement initiatives
- Other duties and responsibilities identified by the Head of Finance relating to Finance.
- Must have at least 3 years previous accounts experience, preferably in an accounts receivable and/or credit control role
- Advance skills in Microsoft packages, specifically excel, including pivot
- Sage 200 experience desirable
- Aviation and in particular MRO experience desirable but not essential
- An energetic, dedicated approach combined with excellent organisation skills and a commitment to deadlines, targets and high work standards.
- A strong communicator with excellent Interpersonal skills
- Team player with keen initiative that can efficiently produce high quality output
- Proven ability to manage time & workloads for maximum efficiency
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills to perform financial analysis
- Capable of working autonomously and making decisions effectively
- To align with our core values, we are seeking staff that are ambitious, agile and honest, who will show a great customer and team focus and are committed to excellence. We are looking for positive people, who like us, have fun while getting the job done.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Commitment to company values and ethics
Typical Working Conditions
- Primarily based in Shannon however visits to other AAG sites may be required of the role
- Hybrid working available
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 28/11/22
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.