Job Title: Aircraft Training Instructor
Reports to: Training Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Institute, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: For more information on the Atlantic Aviation Institute, please visit www.atlanticaviationinstitute.ie
Atlantic Aviation Institute
The Atlantic Aviation Institute (AAI) is the EASA Part 147 Training organisation of Atlantic Aviation Group, an independent aviation company that offers Part 145 Base Maintenance, Continuing Airworthiness Management, Part 21 Design and Part 147 Training Services.
The AAI offers a range of aviation and executive training courses which are conducted at the AAI or at a location which suits the needs our customers.
The AAI is now sourcing a number of EASA 147 CAT A Basic Knowledge / Workshop Instructors to join our dynamic, professional yet very friendly team, based in Shannon.
The core responsibility will be to support the delivery of the EASA CAT A Aircraft Maintenance Technician training programme for Irish and International students. We will be delivering two programmes this year in June and September. These positions will be on a contract basis.
If you have an aviation or teaching background or are a highly experienced aviation mechanic/engineer interested in teaching and transferring your knowledge, then this opportunity could be for you.
Essential Job Function
Duties will include the development, preparation and delivery of the EASA CAT A Aircraft Maintenance Technician technical training course. Maintaining a high standard of instruction in accordance with our current instructional techniques and procedures.
- You will hold a Part 66 AML B1 or B2 license or hold / held Part 145 authorization or completed a basic aircraft maintenance apprenticeship or basic training programme.
- At least 3 years’ experience of instructing or lecturing or have attained a suitable training (train the trainer) or teaching qualification.
- For certain modules, e.g. mathematics, physics, instructors with non-aviation qualifications may apply. Qualifications should be QQI Level 6 or higher.
- Competency with various IT programmes including Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Solid communication skills and the ability to build relationships
- The ability to develop and deliver engaging training for a variety of audiences
- The ability to motivate and inspire a group through learning
- A Train the Trainer qualification is desirable, but suitable candidates maybe offered training in this area to aid their professional development in the technical training field.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Possess proficient organisational skills and an ability to work in an efficient manner.