Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Head of Finance
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious Accounts Assistant seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Support the Finance Business Partner to deliver accurate, timely, daily, weekly, and monthly information.
- Populate reporting templates.
- Journal Postings to the General and Sub ledgers
- Assist Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable on query clarifications.
- Posting of cost and revenue accruals
- Supporting the monthly close process up to final trial balance stage which includes completion of the tasks assigned in the month-end close check list.
- Preparation of balance Sheet reconciliations and profit and loss account analyses.
- Processing of bank statements and reconciliations as well as supporting the cashflow forecast.
- Prepare the daily / monthly manhour report.
- Provide cross departmental support as required.
- When required, to provide finance support and participate in project activities through-out the organisation.
- Supporting the Head of Finance where required
- Work closely with the other members of the finance team to ensure smooth running of department. Actively contribute to the efficiency of the Finance department, by suggesting improvements and amending processes to improve performance.
- Participating in ongoing improvement, standardisation and re-engineering of processes and controls and implementation of best practices
- Other duties and responsibilities identified by the Head of Finance as it relates to Finance.
- Previous Accounts experience preferred.
- An energetic, dedicated approach combined with excellent organisation skills and a commitment to deadlines, targets, and high work standards.
- A strong communicator with excellent Interpersonal skills
- Team player with keen initiative that can efficiently produce high quality output.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills with high level of attention to detail and the ability to proactively identify and propose solutions.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with all business
- Capable of working autonomously and making decisions effectively.
- To align with our core values, we are seeking staff that are ambitious, agile, and honest, who will show a great customer and team focus and are committed to excellence. We are looking for positive people, who like us, have fun while getting the job done.
- Proven ability to manage time & workloads for maximum efficiency.
- Maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 21/03/23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.