Job Title: AAG Hangar 1 Director of Maintenance
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer and Part 145 Accountable Manager (COO)
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon headquartered Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including EASA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), EASA Part CAMO & Technical Services, EASA Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated, career focused and ambitious Director of Maintenance seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
As a key member of the MRO Executive Leadership Team, the AAG Hangar 1 Director of Maintenance will report to the COO and will have primary day to day responsibility for leading, planning, organising, and controlling the operational activities of the AAG Hangar 1 MRO. This includes responsibility for the P&L of the Hangar 1 MRO business stream.
The AAG Hangar 1 Director of Maintenance will have accountability for the following departments in Hangar 1 – planning, production, materials, facilities, and engineering. As well as holding responsibility for supporting and maintaining an environment of continuous improvement and operational excellence. This includes the development of a maintenance strategy in line with the company and group strategy and the development of relevant key analytical and leading metrics.
From a people management perspective, we operate on a values-based system. Meaning the successful candidate must have strong people management skills in line with our values, with the ability to encourage, motivate and recognise talent.
At AAG, the development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance must be maintained. The Director of Maintenance will also develop and manage training roadmaps for their direct reports in conjunction with the HR department. This will include consideration for succession planning as the company grows.
Essential Job Function
As AAG Hangar 1 Director of Maintenance, you will be tasked with:
- Ability to manage and lead with respect and encouragement – recognising key contributions and adhering to our “Employee Orientated “culture
- Implementation and integration of our values and pillars as a constant way of operating
- Leading, influencing and engaging direct reports to further drive the cultural change of Atlantic Aviation based on company core values and the company purpose.
- Supporting direct reports in their personal development in order to create a highly effective MRO operational team.
- Partnering with colleagues on the MRO Executive Leadership Team to ensure the company and group is always managed in a professional manner and that company and group strategy is executed as planned.
- Supporting relevant departments in the development of future maintenance strategies to meet business needs ensuring that a culture of operational and product safety is maintained at all times throughout the MRO.
- Developing and maintaining safe and efficient systems and processes to meet the day to day operational demands across planning, production, materials, facilities and engineering.
- Leading the commitment to a safe and secure operating environment at all times.
- Partnering with colleagues on the MRO Executive Leadership Team to ensure industry best practice health, safety and compliance standards are maintained and developed across the company and group.
- Ensuring that all maintenance activity work is performed in accordance with the MOE and EASA Part 145 requirements.
- Further developing the customer focused service culture ensuring our customer expectations are met including on time delivery of projects in a safe, airworthy and efficient manner.
- Providing technical support to the operational team when required.
- Liaising with, and challenging, colleagues on the MRO Executive Leadership Team to develop best practice standards in relation to project delivery, identifying and sharing opportunities for improvement and learning across the group
- Facilitate and empower a culture of continuous improvement across the Hangar 1 business stream and contribute to the implementation and dissemination of learnings across the group
- Responsibility for developing and managing the budgets and P&L performance of the AAG Hangar 1 MRO operational departments across planning, production, materials, facilities and engineering.
- Developing the annual budget in line with the annual business planning schedule.
- Contribute to, and partner with the Group MRO Projects Director, to identify future business development opportunities for the AAG Hangar 1 MRO through both the expansion of existing services and diversification into other potential areas for strategic sustainable growth.
- Contribute to, and lead, a culture of continuous improvement that results in the development of sustainable initiatives focused on improved efficiency and productivity in the H1 MRO
- Commitment to sharing key aspects and learnings of any efficiency project with other members of the MRO Executive Leadership Team to support implementation across the group as appropriate
- Strong people influencing and team building skills. Proven history of developing high performing teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and an ability to develop strong relationships up, down and across the organisation to drive a culture of continuous improvement and change.
- Analytical and decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritise and communicate to staff the key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organisational goals.
- Technical experience in Boeing and Airbus aircraft base maintenance ideally with B1/B2 qualifications.
- Process oriented, problem solver and ability to multitask.
- Proven commercial experience with P&L responsibility at senior level.
- Qualification in operational excellence such as Six Sigma Black Belt or equivalent desirable but not essential.
- Experience in managing customer expectations while maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Experience in developing and implementing leading Key Performance Indicators across Safety, People, Quality, Delivery and Cost to positively impact a balanced performance in real time highly desirable
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar 1 in Shannon and possibly offsite providing AOG support.
- PPE is provided by AAG and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 30/08/2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.