Job Title: EHS Manager
Reports to: Group Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Shannon Airport, Shannon, Co Clare
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to email@example.com
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise, and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open, and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training which provides aviation training to airlines, MROs, and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly motivated career focused and ambitious EHS Manager seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Essential Job Function
- Lead the implementation of the EHS Management strategy ensuring alignment with AAG Group strategy and continuous improvement agenda.
- Lead and coach the EHS Specialists across all sites, building alignment and relationships across the group to ensure compliance and promote a proactive environment, and health & safety culture.
- Lead the Group EHS risk assessment programme with local EHS Team and management, agreeing and managing prioritised EHS programmes/campaigns to reduce risks.
- Monitor the development and implementation of EHS induction and continuous training requirements and plans, ensuring statutory requirements are adhered to and content delivers best practice, employee engagement and site safety culture development.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team, ensuring regular testing of plans, ensuring systems are appropriate to meet EHS proactive and reactive response needs.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to set and deliver EHS Group Sustainability objectives.
- Ensure and manage appropriate representation and reporting with external agencies/ stakeholders e.g., EPA, HSA, Irish Water, Clare Co Council, Shannon Airport Authority, insurers etc.
- Co-ordinate internal and external inspections and audit programmes and Lead & drive adherence to external system accreditation.
- Oversee and manage EHS investigations of accidents/incidents.
- Lead EHS projects on-site as required and support cross-functional teams.
- Develop and report on EHS KPI’s.
- Manage and direct the provision of advice, support, and leadership to the site operations teams to ensure delivery of EH&S KPIs.
- Secure and manage the required permits, licences, and certificates.
- Develop and manage the EHS budget.
- Lead and monitor the compilation and retention of EHS management data, meetings, and communications records.
- Participate in AAG leadership development and employee performance and wellbeing programs.
- Engage with and promote AAG core values.
- Deliver on projects and assignments as directed by the Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager.
- Hold a degree in Occupational Health and Safety
- Be able to demonstrate a successful record as a H&S professional, with a minimum of 6 years relevant experience in a dynamic industrial environment in an Environmental, Health and Safety role, preferably including experience in a management capacity.
- Strong relationship builder with stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong interpersonal skills and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with an innate ability to bring people with them.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Occasional travel may be required.
Typical Working Conditions
- Must satisfy and maintain the required medical standard.
- Work is performed at the AAG Hangar in Shannon.
- PPE is provided by AAG, and its use is mandatory in the performance of your work.
- Must satisfy and maintain airport security requirements.
We will question the norm, seek out opportunity and embrace change for the better.
We will dream big and pursue those dreams with passion and determination.
- Committed to Excellence
We will always strive to be better, to be different, to Go Beyond.
- Customer Centric
We will build honest, personal relationships with our customers and aim to wow them.
We’ll have fun while getting the job done and ensure a positive and happy workplace.
- People Focused
We will develop, engage, protect, and support our staff and each other.
We will create trust by being honest, ethical, and respectful every day. What we say is what we do.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 09/ 06/ 23
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success, and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.