Job Title: Production Planning Engineer
Reports to: Production Planning Team Leader
Location: Atlantic Aviation Group, Brize Norton, England
Apply: Email your up-to-date CV together with any supporting qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Atlantic Aviation Group
With over 60 years of experience, Shannon based Atlantic Aviation Group (AAG) is one of Europe’s leading independent aviation solution providers. The company has a strong reputation of providing customers with a complete range of solutions including; aircraft maintenance & modifications, technical, engineering and design services, logistics and material solutions and international training. This reputation is built on a proud history and tradition of superior craftsmanship, technical expertise and continuous training, which is supported by our flexible, open and partnership-based customer relationships.
The company provides a range of aviation solutions including; Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance, MAA Part 145 Aircraft Maintenance (AAG Defence Services), CAMO & Technical Services, Part 21 Design Services and EASA Part 147 Training provides aviation training to airlines, MRO’s and companies around the world.
AAG have an exceptional opportunity for a highly-motivated career focused and ambitious Production Planning Engineer seeking a role in a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our aim as a team is to attract and develop key talent across all levels of our growing aviation business.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to the following:
Pre-input planning of aircraft line and base maintenance, including creation of aircraft work packs, issuance of pre- load, task break-down and other scheduled maintenance planning activity. Providing full on-site Planning support to the Production teams.
Essential Job Function
- Maintain the Audit Programme
- Scheduled and un-scheduled aircraft maintenance work package build/assembly including milestones, resource and critical path planning.
- Generation of equipment summary reports including access requirements, tooling, parts and material call-ups.
- Identification of work content requiring the services of external agencies and sub-contractors
- Detailed review of work content including the identification of complex, safety critical, critical path and any other tasks requiring additional regulatory requirements.
- Checking of tasks cards for accuracy and completeness and applying task time estimates.
- Attend meetings to provide aircraft status updates or similar, including Pre input meetings.
Health and Safety
- Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities including;
- Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at Including Management responsibilities as required by H&S Manual.
- Be aware of aviation safety responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Safety Including Management responsibilities as required by the Safety Management Manual.
- Be aware of aviation security responsibilities with regards to the AAGDS Security
- Experience in using aircraft technical documentation to plan aircraft maintenance with task and ground time estimation.
- Excellent organisational ability with high level attention to detail and logical approach to task sequencing.
- Previous Planning experience, with base or line.
- Ability to review tasks to ensure they are adequately planned.
- Ability to converse with all levels of seniority.
- Good working knowledge of AMOS or similar system.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Project and Excel.
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Strong quantitative, analytical, project management skills and experience, with lean management principles.
- Effective, highly credible communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of the Financial, Commercial and Procurement processes within AAGDS and Customers.
- Recognised aircraft engineering qualification.
If you feel your skills and experience meet the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you!
Closing date for applications: 22nd June 2022
Atlantic Aviation Group reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
As a growing and ambitious organisation, we are always interested in speaking to individuals about their next career move. If this is not the right position for you but you would still like to find out more about working for Atlantic Aviation Group, please contact us at – email@example.com
Equal Opportunities Employer
Atlantic Aviation Group is an equal opportunities employer. The people of Atlantic Aviation Group are the foundation of its success and we believe that employing a diverse workforce is key to this success. As an equal opportunity employer, we will consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of nationality, religion, ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, or disability. We value your passion, energy, and creativeness.
One of our company values is to provide a people focussed environment with a strong sense of community, where individuals feel safe, valued, and engaged. We are committed to accommodating individuals with disabilities through our recruitment process and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Atlantic Aviation Group does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place. Atlantic Aviation Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by Atlantic Aviation Group.
By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.